Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

100% raw for 30 days...whose in with me???

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

little birdie great news! For me it’s like if I am at home in my little bubble I am ok but out and about I am not so trusting of myself. I am nervous because tonight I am going to the movie theatre (gonna smuggle in some fruit with me) and the smell of popcorn will drive me nuts. Then tomorrow I have a b-day party with tons of food and drinks. AHHHHHHH!

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

hey all-sounds like everyone is doing great!! Hi Spirit! Glad you’re joining us!!!!

Today I did well—I made the Orange Cardamom Date Bars AND the corn and cashew soup from Food and WIne (ani’s article). Going to have that for dinner YUM.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Yay spirit!

Glad it’s going well so far littlebirdie.

bitt – I just ordered a 4 qt. enema bag from Matt Monarch, that’s as close as I’m going to get to a colonic at this point. It’s a lovely pink, that helped. When we went to see Wall-e I smuggled in a carton of blueberries and got weird looks from the little girl next to me. Also smuggled in some organic popcorn for my daughter, I think I’m over letting her have anything in the theater, the price and the quality is frightening. I even smuggle in water bottles cause I won’t shell out for a $3 water.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

that’s so funny I was seeing WALL-E and also smuggled in blueberries. It kept my hands out of the popcorn successfully. Luckily the theater we went to has free water.

Good luck on the enema. I’ve done one of those way back…

NYcgrrl, I think those bars looked so yummy. when i have the ingredients I will make them. I am trying to cut out agave so my date use is way up and i’m out of dates again!

I have a raw meetup today!!!!

Hey raw foodies: how did everyone’s day go? I posted about my day on my blog. Not my best day yet, but I am sticking with it!!

http://doingtherawthing.blogspot.com/

Good day! My skin seems to be getting better and better and sleep is great. We had Juliano’s Italian Salad tonight and it was HEAVEN. It’s one of those where you want to pick the whole bowl up and drink the dressing.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Today was GREAT as far as raw – I went to the health food store after running errands & with several more errands to go. I have been high raw for a long time, but just recently vegan. The lady at the store gave my son some leftover roasted chicken from the deli (free range, organic, etc.) – anyway, I was tired & hungry like he was, & at first I wondered about eating some of the chicken. But I felt/knew it wasn’t the best thing for me, so I let him eat it while I shopped. Then by the time I got cherries & cacao powder to make bitt’s cobbler, I didn’t have any need to eat chicken :) I then remembered that I had brought plums in my bag, and even though they weren’t my favorite, I enjoyed those plums immensely! :)

Hi Angie! I got all the ingredients to make the cherry cobbler too! I hope to make it tomorrow.

Today was good. I went to a party for one of my son’s friends, and she’s high raw (the mom) so there were lots of options. I am craving a huge salad for dinner!

My energy is GREAT. I mean REALLY great. My DH, who said he was going raw but really is just about 60% now, was so tired after our day with the kids lugging them around the city, but I feel great! And I ran a fast 2 miles this morning too!

My big struggle is getting enough sleep. I am pms-ing, so I need an extra hour or two a night, and that’s hard. Other than that I am good!!

angie – I didn’t know about the jewelry, I’ll check out your website!

I’m hoping to make the cherry cobbler tomorrow too – company coming!

I might finally be getting that energy I’ve been hoping for and didn’t get on high raw. I whipped this house into shape, sleeping till nine probably helped. Feeling good.

angie – is there a website? I only see email. Trying really hard to see the necklace in teh picture!

No website yet, unfortunately. I’m technologically trying to catch up – as in I don’t know a lot about how to do things like sell on the internet – so I can email you pics if you email me so I have your address. I’m working on ideas for selling on the internet; maybe etsy.com soon – I’m planning to work on that after the boutique is over. Thanks for your interest! The picture is a shot of my living room “factory” getting ready for the boutique. We are calling it a factory so my son will not play in this part of the room & to help me stay focused on work. ;) I laid out things I had made so I could see what I had & know what else to make, and I thought it was fun, so I decided to take a picture of it. :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

So on top of staying raw I am trying kick up my exercise too. I am feeling better from a back procedure and I am up to it if I pace myself. Also need to work off eating all that cobbler!!! I have a raspberry/lime one up too. So tart I love it!

bitt – You are wonderful! Seriously – even though I haven’t made the cobblers yet, I’m grateful, because I think they’ll replace the creamy pies I have been making out of cashews, without my having to spend $15 per pound to buy really raw cashews online :)

bitt you’re killing me with the cobblers!!! YUM. I am also trying to cut back on nuts, but can’t resist the cobbler.

How’s everyone doing?? We’re almost done with week 1, and I have to say I feel great. I am running strong, despite PMS (the bloating is killing me, must cut back on salt) and looking forward to my race this weekend. My mood is good too.

nycgrrl – Do you use raw cacao? I get mine from www.sunfood.com (actually, that is the brand, but I’m fortunate enough to be able to buy it at my local health food store) & it is the best medicine for PMS! I haven’t felt so good with some other brands, though – Navitas Naturals brand made me bloated/gassy & made my cramps WORSE! When I eat the Sunfood cacao, though, I never get PMS. I just bought a new jar the other day, & last night, I sprinkled it generously on my “pancakes” with fresh raspberries and agave. :)

• I’m in! My husband and I started all raw last wednesday. so far so good. :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

you could make just the filling part of the cobbler if you wanted. it would be like a pudding-type thing.

I survived popcorn temptation #3. I had to turn my back to it to get through it. Oh the smell!

Hmmm angie-I do have cacao-not a lot, and none today, and I do indeed use Navitas Naturals! When I run out I will try Sunfood—thank you for the tip.

Today was rough-I got my period, and i was so crabby and awful. My pms is usually less intense, but LONGER-like it usually lasts 6 days but not as intense. This time it lasted 1-2 days but it was REALLY intense in terms of my mood and bloating. Luckily, when i get my period I start to feel better. Not right away (i will probably be fine tomorrow) but soon thereafter.

I don’t feel like making much food, so having lots of fruit today and watermelon. Supposedly good for bloating too.

I haven’t been eating nearly as much the last couple of weeks since it is so hot now, so my veggies have been going bad as I just eat a couple of heavy meals and some fruit every day, instead of 4 to 6 meals like I am used to eating. Luckily, I got a bunny, and I give my greens to her when they’re almost going bad. She eats the good parts & leaves the yellow parts alone. :)

I’m stuffed and happy after hosting a dinner party for our friends from Canada. Our friend’s mum spent the day with my daughter and me and I fed her raw all day. SHE LOVED IT! She copied all the recipes – an avocado soup by Juliano, Zoe’s cheese with spring onions with raw crackers from the store, Matt Amsden’s tabouli, and BITT’S CHERRY CACAO COBBLER!! My daughter was having some kind of religious experience eating it. She was moaning and groaning and saying how it “melted in her mouth.” Her son (my husband’s best friend) is totally inspired too. I’m still eating cobbler…and I’m stuffed!! Tomorrow my daughter and I leave for summer music camp in VT, staying with my parents for the next week and a half – loading up the Vitamix and a crate full of raw essentials.

merwing – nice to have you and your husband!

angie – I will email you, it must be a lot of fun. Good to know about the Sunfoods cacao, I use Navitas, maybe Sunfoods is worth ordering. A bunny! We have a tame bunny in our yard named cottontail and I watch what he eats so I know what I can feed the guinea pigs.

nycgrrl – hang in there, this too shall pass!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

oh that is so great amysue. i love the cherry/cacao combo too. we just finished up our raspberry lime cobbler. and we plan to go berry picking again on Wednesday…so stay tuned for more ideas!

I am already getting worried about August when I am going to see my family. They want to grill, etc and are excited for me to grill for them. Sorry, nope, I will have to come armed with lots of raw salad recipes and raw desserts for us to have on the side. then let them enjoy the grilled stuff. I suppose I can still play with the fire pit. But, gotta get through July first, huh?

you know what I love when I get my period? it’s date, walnut, cacao, shredded coconut and maybe a little agave all processed together. like the little brownie bites on this site. i just eat it all sometimes. but it’s weird i don’t have such strong chocolate cravings since i have been raw. i used to have them REALLY bad.

amysue have a fun time at the camp. i hope you are successful at staying raw!

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

Hey guys….I was hoping I could join starting tomorrow?

absolutely, bananna—join in :) rawfu is having a 100 day challenge starting aug 1, so you can continue on there if you like!!!

Here in VT and they’ve got it made! The corn is fresh, lots of greens and tomatoes at the farm, it’s heaven! Only problem is I forgot my uncookbooks so I’m going to be dependant on this website for recipes. My nieces were fascinated by my dinner last night – “You can eat corn RAW???”

amysue – heehee – it’s amazing what we can learn – I was amazed to learn that zucchini had a FLAVOR!

make the corn and cashew soup (if you can handle nuts) I posted. It’s YUMMY!

• I’m stressed because i’m going on a road trip with my family at the end of next week, and when i started this a month ago, my mom, whos veggie, said, you know, i’ll be hard to maintain that on the road. I was like, eh, its no big deal. now that i’m really into it and feeling better in my belly, i’m not sure how to travel raw? i MIGHT even go so far as to carry a cooler and put ice in it every day so that i can have my hummus along with me and then just try to hit every salad bar from here to the midwest.

and i’m going to make a REAL effort this week to make myself a bunch of sweet stuff. when i crave its DEFINITELY for sweets and i need to have some stuff in the fridge for that.

woohoo day 8!!!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

just-e, welcome! yeah traveling raw is hard. i suggest to forget the restaurants and go for the grocery stores and markets.

sweets are great! oh and I just posted a recipe for fruit leather if you have a dehydrator. it would travel really well. if not, just dried and fresh fruit might do the trick.

I just started a blog too!

http://bittsblog.blogspot.com/

just_e – I hear you. I agree with Bitt, I’ve seen salad bars in the midwest and there’s not a lot of raw fruit and veggies going on there. Also the salad dressings in all restaurants seem to be odd chemical concoctions. So bring along a big bottle of olive oil for the cooler, lots of lemons, sea salt, plus a little jar to carry dressing if you have to eat in a restaurant. You can also google traveling raw for lots of great ideas.

Blueberry picking today! And the organic farm which was off the charts amazing. The family loved the raw tabouli tonight which took all of 15 minutes to make and melon boats – wedges filled with blueberries and blackberries.