Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

100% raw for 30 days...whose in with me???

Comments

• How far are you all in your 30 days? I succeeded with my 15 days all raw (woo hoo!) then went on vacation last week (stayed high raw). I’m ready to bite the bullet (the raw bullet that is :)) and go for 30. Should I join you or are you almost finished with your 30 days?

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

nycgrrl – glad you’re enjoying it! By the way, since next week the 30 days are up, have you noticed anything different in the way you’re feeling?

Anyone else notice a change on 100%? I think the changes have been sneaking up on me, finding myself quite a bit more productive lately, less sluggish. Walked the dog for an hour today – unheard of for me!

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

Non Dairy Queen-come join rawfu.com-registration ends tomorrow night for a 100 day challenge. there’s lots of fun things going on for sure. I am on day 18 I think? I have to check—i wasn’t planning on stopping so I wasn’t keeping track of the days. But right now I am more high raw, about 95% so I guess you could say I failed this challenge!

amysue-incorporating more fruits to my diet has been a huge boon for me, energy wise. it’s great for my running too!

• Oh you’re scaring me! 100 Days??? I guess if I can do 30, I can do 100, huh? That would be awesome actually. (I usually don’t use that word “awesome” but this truly would be). Okay, off to see what that’s all about…......

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

No one is a failure! You have to figure out what works best for you. Plus, you got us all sticking to raw for the most part so that is something we ought to thank you for.

As for changes, yup I am finally sleeping less than 12 hours. I was up to 12 because of my chronic fatigue. I am staying up late and getting to bed earlier. Honestly, back in April I could barely even get on the computer. Boy things have changed.

NonDairyQueen, you can do it! Not everyone on there is 100%, many of High Raw. We could use your wonderful advice and wisdom.

Amysue, freecycling is recycling and reusing on an email list. freecycle.org

I just went to a raw un-cooking class. It was so much fun and yummy! The more recipes I have the better, especially when I travel to my parents. I am gathering low-equipment recipes to bring with me and dazzle others with.

bitt – you’re not going to bring any gadgets with you? I lugged the Vitamix to mine. I need low tech for Patagonia in September, don’t think we’ll even have a fridge. There’s going to be a lot of dehydrating going on around here in the weeks before.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yeah i am already starting the dehydrating for the trip. i want to bring my blendtec but my husband isn’t coming and he uses it a lot. i am borrowing my godmother’s magic bullet and my parents have a magic bullet from when my dad broke his jaw.

making raw popcorn.

Is that the cauliflower popcorn? I might try that. I’m making the Cheezy Almonds right now!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Ooh need a link to those! I decided to do the overnight thing for the cauliflower popcorn. I had a big bowl of berries and banana with almond milk. it was the most delicious. i just love berries.

bitt – was that you over at Raw Fu with the green moustache??? Cute. I need someone to walk me through that website, I can’t figure out it all out, too many choices! I did listen to her and Matthew’s message, maybe I’ll just keep it simple for now and observe and listen. The cheesy almonds are SO GOOD. Spicy but I like it, the struggle is not to eat them all. Even the coating on it’s own is yummy.

I hope lzhpt comes back to tell us about her trip to Acadia, since that’s where she was eating the cheezy almonds.

How’s nycgrrl doing on Long Island??

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Okay, it’s the 1st. I figure I better go ahead and do the 100 day 100% deal. I’m raw for life for sure but little goals are awesome. I want to make sure I have them so when I meet them I’ll be rejuvenated.

tjab – that’s a great strategy. Even though I had already made the 100% commitment personally this 30 day group is like a little life raft keeping me afloat. Have you mentioned your plan to friends and family??

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

that was me! I’m famous! heehee. i love RawFu. It is a different crowd, more people who are new to raw. It’s exciting to see so many people get into it. I’d stick to the forum if you are confused. It take a while to get used to new forums.

So I had a little detox last night in a headache and I have heard that you come out better from it, well it’s true! I had a shot of wheatgrass today and zoom I ran 3 miles! It’s almost like I had so much energy I had to run it off.

troublejustabubble, good for you! yeah i am still taking it slow too. first it was one week, then two, then a month, etc. it’s less pressure.

Well I just blundered – ate a whole recipe of Cheezy Almonds, going to pay for that at bedtime with the teaspoon of cayenne. All I had for dinner though was a green juice, though, so maybe it will balance out. This on the day when I was mystified at why my thighs won’t shrink.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

oh maybe i will not make that recipe. we just made raw brownies. i have to watch or I will eat the whole thing. no a run does not mean you should eat 10 brownies.

I would make the almonds for a party and then you won’t have the chance to eat them all. I have to go prepare the smuggled food for the movies – “Mamma Mia” again, this time with the family. Are you past the detox today. I would like to try that wheatgrass, just don’t know where to get it. What day are we on here anyway??

• Hi folks…Im new to this site…but I started this past Monday a 30 day challenge to go RAW! So far Ive been 90% there…...

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I think we started on july 9th. that would make today the 24th day if my math is right. although I just signed up for the 100 day challenge so I am on day 2 there. today was tough because i was starved after tutoring and my husband was making pasta with herbs, an old favorite. i made something that i did not like that much and couldn’t really finish it. i just want to grab one bite of pasta sometimes! then he says he feels guilty. i feel like i am making all this stuff just so he eats raw with me because it is easier for me if he eats raw than cooked! does this make sense? i’ve got some raw burgers in the dehydrator and i am planning ahead. still waiting on my dang cashews to come in the mail.

hi chellegoneraw! welcome!

Hey chelle! How are you doing so far, and were you raw before?

bitt – have you tried kelp noodles? When I dehydrate them with a sauce they taste just like pasta. So all the cool stuff you make is so your husband doesn’t eat cooked and you don’t have to watch him eat cooked? That does make sense, I think we all do that. If I didn’t prepare all the food around here mine wouldn’t eat raw, just can’t be bothered, he’s not a peeler chopper, certainly not a blender. He’s a throw the cereal in a bowl and pour some milk on it. My daughter on the other hand will grab herself a whole unpeeled carrot and just knaw on it.

Mamma Mia was so much fun the second time around!! Saw in a big theater this time full of people, smuggled in organic popcorn for the family and cherries and pumpkin seeds for me. My husband loved it as much as I did, and daughter was thrilled to see a PG-13 movie.

we saw mamma mia last night too!! the first 20 minutes my hubby and i were like “um…what the hell is this?” but then we started enjoying the campiness!

bitt-you’re right about the date! right now i am over on rawfu a bit more for the challenge, but will try and keep up here too.

Nice to hear from you nycgrrl! Glad you’re enjoying rawfu and Mamma Mia! I could totally go again, it’s my husband’s favorite movie of the year so far and he sees all of the action blockbusters, hasn’t seen Batman yet. My daughters jaw almost hit the floor when there was the brief bit of nudity on the boat. Another milestone, first movie nudity.

I’m making some interesting progress here. Walking my dog for a good 45 minutes every day (after no excercise in months), decided diet alone isn’t going to make the thighs go away. Also going to try focusing on more fresh foods rather than dehydrated. I think eating the whole batch of Cheezy almonds was a wake-up call. Continuing to drink my 2 green juices a day, wish I had juicer, have to use the Vitamix and a nut-milk bag. Am beginning to notice subtle things – the last 2 days I’ve had postnasal drip after eating buckwheaties, what’s up with that?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

interesting amysue, maybe it is detox? i have continued to have headaches at night. i am going to drink more water to see if that helps. i like making dehydrated foods but i need to make sure i don’t over-do it. i just got $40 worth of stuff at the farmer’s market, including these delicious donut peaches which even the dog loves. way better than cooked donuts. :-)

hi nycgrrl, i am over at RawFu too. lots of newbies over there. i like drooling over everyone’s photos. how is life at your mother’s? i just finally told my mom i am eating raw and she didn’t really get it. either that or she was keeping her opinions to herself. which I suppose i should be grateful for. then she said maybe i could teach her how to make some stuff. she really isn’t into vegetables, so i am not sure how happy she will be with some of my recipes.

ok, i will try to see mamma mia soon if you recommend it.

Hey guys! So excited here, my husband put up a clothesline for me! Even though we live on Main Street we found a corner behind the fence and I’ve got my first load hanging in the breeze between two trees! I’m waiting to get a ticket or something because I’ve never seen any other clotheslines around town, someone’s got to start! It so reminded me of my childhood, hanging up the wash in VT.

Did some more colon hydrotherapy last night after reading Raw Success again. I think I’m going to order some enzymes and other goodies from Matt and Angela.

You know what I realized – I went no poo around the same time as going 100%. The first time I tried it back in February it was a disaster – my scalp rebelled, it was like wearing a waxy helmet. This time, my scalp is completely clear and healthy, no waxy buildup. I just brush with a natural bristle brush and rinse. No styling products, it’s fantastic. So maybe 100% has cured my scalp which has been a problem since I was a kid, yay!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

hi. my scalp is better too since raw. all the sudden my excema is gone!

i am getting a colonic on wednesday. all the sudden i am getting nervous about it but i know i shouldn’t be.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

bitt!!! My eczema went with raw too! It’s awesome. I had it really bad on my hands and anywhere on my body that sweat at all(neck, arm pitts, behind my knees etc) I’m free!

amysue-clothslines are great, we had one when I was growing up and in the summer it did wonders in keeping our house cool (no dryer heat). I don’t have anywhere to have one now but I’m considering making a place. haha

Yay for no eczema!

Funny thing about the clothesline – so after I hung my lovely load up, feeling very proud, the sky started to darken so I checked the radar. There was a yellow blob right over our town. I ran outside as the first drops began to fall and all of a sudden the sky just started to empty on me and my laundry. I was whipping off clips as fast as my hands could move, but it was no use, I was drenched and so were the clothes. It was actually quite nostalgic, since that would have been my job as a child – running out to take the clothes off the line, it was great! Then my daughter told me she was embarrassed by the clothesline. She said it was old-fashioned. I told her old-fashioned was cool, she would see.

Ordered Alissa Cohen’s green powder today which seems to be the same as David Wolfe’s Sun is Shining. It has the enzymes I want plus probiotics and lots of green stuff. I’m having a hell of a time finding good produce and fruit right now, what’s going on???? Even at the farm it’s slim pickins. The farm in Vermont was paradise and everything around here is the same old limp stuff shipped from California. There’s no bloody tomatoes anywhere! It’s summer! Grrrr.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

amysue-I just read about your problem with the cheezy almonds! I’m glad you liked them. They are awfully addicting. I eat LOTS of greens whenever I overeat those. I will almost always overeat dehydrated food so I have to limit those. Is anyone up for another 30 days? Bitt-are you getting ready for a trip? We were just away for 10 days-of course I was in the Raw capital of Bar harbor, Maine, but I packed many Pure bars—they are as close to 100% raw organic as you can get, but Larabars would work well too. I left the house with a Mason Jar of Green smoothie, which I sucked down before the flight. The Pure bar held me until we landed and i found some fruit to keep me going until dinner in Boston’s North End. I had the most perfectly tossed arugula salad. Anyway,all i packed was a mason jar full of chili-spiced dehydrated almonds, almond butter and Pure Bars. Friut was easy to find everywhere and I really lucked out w/ salads for dinner. I didn’t have a bad meal. I was amazed. It was my first trip without the vita-mix!

lzhpt – so glad to hear it went well! I take it you didn’t go to Grezzo. Yes, the almonds pushed me over the edge. I don’t think I can eat just a few if I make them so they will be reserved for company, so ridiculously good!

I’m up for another 30 days! I’m really nervous about a wedding this weekend – my husband replied that my daughter and I are vegetarian and didn’t mention anything about me being raw vegan. We have to go to the rehearsal dinner and the wedding dinner and I’m praying for a buffet! I don’t know what I’ll do if they plop a plate of pasta in front of me! Not worried about starving, I’m sure I’ll bring a stash, worried about looking like a food snob or offending the hosts. I think I’m going to tell my husband to email his friend the truth and tell him to skip a meal for me if it’s cooked. Ok, just emailed him, feel better!

Hey all i am doing much better since my bout with insomnia—still feeling tired and weak, but taking iron pills and still running. I am now I guess 90% raw, and am debating going back to 100% but just eating more fats…I can’t decide which is worse: cooked foods or fats!!! I am thinking maybe of eating larabars just to get calories while i am out here at my mom’s house.