Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Zoe's Spring Onion Cheese

2»

Comments

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

In the process of making this and I have a concern. I let it run for a few minutes to make it creamier while I cleaned up some of the mess. and then the bowl was very hot. so I broke out the therometer and it said it was 138 degrees. It is now sitting for the 30 minutes doesnt that make it cooked now???

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

ANGIE – I thinks plums might work. Golden raisins might work too. Green tomatoes are tart, the pate’ was oniony, and the glaze was sweet so it made for an interesting fusion flavor.

MAMA MILK – I bet it would be good to mix it into salsa. I like salsa to thicken up and stick to whatever I dip in it. I will try that.

TROPICAL RAW ELLEN – I put in two large bunches because I love the taste of spring onion. I guess it depends on your personal taste but my pate’ was green (and almost all gone).

I wonder if you will gain weight on seeds as quickly as nuts. I omitted the nuts but can already see that this stuff is ADDICTIVE.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Lately I have wondered how Poblanos were raw. Thanks for the idea MAMA MILK. Love stuffed peppered. I was thinking of tomatillos instead of green tomatoes. Should be good with a cheese flavor.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

oh i made this last week, it was delishous, i had mine with salad and on slices of cucumber etc and my hubby who isnt really raw beyond what i give him even had it in a toasted sandwich. a really good recipe

• Yep this is so yummy! I tried it for the first time a couple of days ago, and had it with a giant rainbow salad.

Also…today I had it spread down the middle of a celery stick (like you do with peanut butter or cream cream in the non-raw world)...I definitely recommend trying it like that…really good!!!!

Thanks Zoe and Chris:)

• I made this cheese this evening and it really is delicious…the aftertaste drives you nuts… it’s so good, it’s difficult to stop going back for more! My fiance and rats approved as well :)

Thank you so much Z & C!!!

• I like to stuff mushrooms with it. Very delicious.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

blue eyes it’s probably cooked now, yes ;(

angel-nz Yes I do that with the celery, mmmmm!

rawk’nrawl you can use anything instead of green onions. I like basil and red pepper. If you scroll down and read all the comments on the recipe page there are some cool combos talked about on there.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I made this last night. The food processor didn’t blend enough, so i added a tiny bit of water and used the vitamix. I like my cheese well blended so it’s white! It was creamy, lovely, and i added spring onions too. I served in on romaine lettuce. The BEST!

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Every time I come on here I crave this so I’m going to make it again tonight! I’m hungry thinking about!

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

I know I’m being repetitive – but rawk ‘n rawl I’m just going to suggest that you 1/2 the recipe at least the first time you make it. It is really good, but the recipe does make a lot. This way you can test it for yourself and you will have ingredients left for more batches.

• I’ll have to make a triple batch next time…. two batches for me, and one batch for everybody else… and that still probably won’t last the week.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

That’s funny mamamilk :)
    good recipes can be addicting!
    on the flip side – for r&r – yeah – it’s pretty easy to simply make more (if you fall in love with it) – especially since it’s just the 2 of you.

• I just made the cheese for the first time and put it in my sushi rolls tonight….tasted wonderful!!!