Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Definitely Not a Palin fan

Comments

• There are at least two countries where the leaders have the incredible hubris to propurt to speak for G-d, to understand exactly what His thoughts are,and to claim to have the right to use the power of the state as the instrument to force their interpretation of G-d’s will on all other citizens – Iran and the U.S. under Palin or her ilk. Your G-d and my G-d are not the same. I was born to and am living in a country where my religion is supposed to be just as respected as yours – so why does yours win out? Why do I have to bow down to your interpretation of a book that was written by men, translated by other men, exists in conflicting translations, and contains hundreds of contradictions within its cover? Why should you be able to pass legislation that affects my family when those ideas obviously have not worked to protect your own child? Why will abstinence only education work any better for other children than it did for your pregnant 17 year old? Why should I let rape protection come from the governor of a state with over two and a half times to rates of rape as compared to the rest of the country? Why should I let your morality dictate that my (hypothetical) rapist has the right to pick the mother of his child but I don’t have the right to pick the father of mine? Why should I entrust this country’s welfare – in a time of economic and military disaster – to a person who four years ago was still holding aspirations of becoming a newscaster? Why should I have any trust in someone who lies and will not speak openly to the press and allow their fair questions? Why should this candidate be protected from the vetting to which every other candidate is subjected? I think Sarah Palin is so far removed from the government our founding fathers envisioned. If you want to live in a state controlled by religion – go join your Muslim brothers in Iraq. Eat your raw food through the screen of your Burqua. As for me, I have chosen to live in a democracy where people have large controls over their own lives, where we are not forced to all live as fundamentalist Christians, where you do not get to dictate my morality beyond saying that I cannot hurt you. And the attack that Obama loves meat is just ridiculous. Yes, he eats meat. Like 99% of the population (my estimate – might be way off). But we do not see Obama smiling gleefully over the bloodied carcass of a moose or caribou. We do not see him rejoicing in the kill. And how dare a poster compare him to Hitler? As a jew, I find that horribly offensive. If you are looking for a facsist whom you can fear, take a look at the person attempting to ban books, squash all dissent, not accept questioning, and control other’s lives to an accute degree. It was horribly immoral for John McCain to put someone with NO foreign experience and almost no domestic experience this close to the presidency. For any of you who believe in your horrifying images of a burning fiery hell, I propose that you make room for these people there. I myself don’t believe in such fantasies, so I will have to make due with watching them lose the election and McCain forever lose his former reputation as a truth teller.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

DagnyTaggart, nicely said, all of it.

“And how dare a poster compare him to Hitler? As a jew, I find that horribly offensive. If you are looking for a facsist whom you can fear, take a look at the person attempting to ban books, squash all dissent, not accept questioning, and control other’s lives to an accute degree. “

Thank you for saying this. My grandfather was a Jew who lost most of his family to the Nazis, and I was shaking with anger earlier from hearing the above. I could not voice what I felt was obscene, so thank you for your words.

jackiev, that was awesome; thank you!

greenghost, your question was this: “Does anyone actually believe that GB started a war with Iraq because he cared one iota about the people that Saddam killed?!?”

Of course not. It had nothing to do with freedom for any peoples. It is a war of ugliness, evil and greed. This administration has befouled the word “freedom” forever.

• No one has mentioned the very frightening prospect of either John McCain or Sarah Palin appointing members to the Supreme Court. We are literally fighting for our lives here.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

WOW! Thank you DagnyTaggart.
    Absolutely!

Yes thanks TomsMom – that question was actually posed to a couple of people who posted about how ”’THEY’” (and I’m using their word here) ‘not the United States’ started the war. And this – we all should know – is UNTRUE.

Addendum: but I’m still waiting for someone to answer the question I stated in my PS at the top of this page:
    Can anyone please tell me ONE good thing that GB – or should I say “W” this time—did for our country?
    because I’d honestly like to know if there is one.

• yes, nicely put. Hitler hid under his ‘righteous’ umbrella of christianity, (an insult to true christianity) and it seems others will do the same. Unfortunately, christianity’s history in this country was all about control (land, taxes, life or death) Looks like things haven’t changed much then. I just find it worrying that Palin, despite being new to the major political arena, had such adulation from her speech. She obviously has her opinions, but i think she is just being used as a icon for women to ‘side’ with, the prettier and more acceptable face of republicanism.

• Thanks, Greenghost and TomsMom – I feel the same about your posts. I don’t think there is a single way to defend this woman except for “I am a Christian with fundamentalist Christian beliefs, and I like her because she shares those same beliefs.” Anything else is just spin. People are voting for the potential leader of this country as if they are electing someone to head up their local church group. (And I apologize for any offense to the Christian members of this board – which are likely a majority. Many of my friends are Christian and I respect their choices and their right to live according to their principles. All I’m asking for is the same freedom of choice to live according to mine.)

“People are voting for the potential leader of this country as if they are electing someone to head up their local church group”
    That is a priceless quote DagnyTaggart. And sadly that does seem to be the way it is for a lot of people. Separation of Church and State, The First Amendment, is supposed to be a tenet in our country, but it’s not. What’s wrong with this picture?

btw…First Freedom First is an excellent website to support this EXTREMELY important amendment.
    http://www.firstfreedomfirst.org/

• WAKE UP ! WAKE UP !....if you really believe that 19 arabs did 9-11 you simply, have not done your homework. the ONLY logical conclusion, after researching it yourself is… the U.S government did that.

• iknikn

Wow, it took me almost an hour to read this thread.

I am with you jayms72 on this issue. I do believe our govmnt had to do a lot with 9-11.

Unfortunately I don’t like any of the candidates. But I also think it doesn’t matter who will be the president. There are powerful hidden forces behind the scene who we never hear about, who are running the world politics. The presidents are just muppets on a stage.

• i wont vote for any of those liars. give me a candidate that isnt full of huhthmmm… bologna, and id vote for em. :)

• greenghost, personally im insulted by women killing children, because they couldn’t keep their legs shut.

I’m sorry ikn and jaymz72, but what are you saying exactly? That we should just stick our heads in the sand? And not try to save what’s left of our civil rights?

• wow jaymz72 …. no thought at all that if women should keep their legs shut men should keep it in their pants?

double standard much?

thank you Lauren1982

Honestly – can he be more misogynistic?

His comment sure speaks volumes about him.

• are female rape victims at fault for not being able to keep their legs shut? i don’t care if you were joking, jaymz – your comment is simply disgusting and as ill-informed as your government conspiracy paranoia regarding 9/11. I was living in NYC on September 11 and my boyfriend’s father was killed while working in the north tower. Have a little respect for what occured. What do you think our government did – paid the saudi terrorists to hijack those planes – usher them through security with a wink – fake the whole thing and blow up the buildings from inside. I was there – breathing in that air, watching people walk past me like images from a disaster movie. I also lived in Israel for a period during the 90s and am quite confident that terrorism is a real thing – not some sham pulled by the government. maybe if you had any personal experiences with terrorism you wouldn’t find it so amusing to make up stories about it. our government has its faults, but they don’t extend to murdering thousands of its own. may i suggest that you leave the country immediately seeing as how you hate and distrust it so much?

• Fair enough. Who is John Galt indeed. ;)

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

Wake up, Dagny.

Your government doesn’t love you.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3898962…

• For pete’s sake, wake up yourself. Is that what it took to convince you that the government – some mysterious people behind the curtain – somehow set up demolitions all throughout the WTC and brought the buildings down on purpose? While filled with people? And so what happened with Bin Laden claiming credit – or the fact that known terrorists were flying those planes? All just coincidence – or was Bin Laden working with our government? And tell me how there have been no leaks or evidence that the government had a hand in it? EVERYTHING gets out or is leaked somehow. This is just the paranoia of people who feel so victimized by the world around them that they deal with it by thinking they are more clever than ‘the sheep’ surrounding them and they ultimately win because only they can see the truth. but you know what – ultimately i am far less threatened by people who believe what you believe than i am by people who think they talk to and speak for G-d. So carry on with your manifesto-writing x files thinking ways , i’ll carry on with my naive belief that our own government is not behind the biggest terrorist attack on domestic soil in this country, and we can both live and let live. the threat to us both is off shooting wolves from a copter.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

wow….. some crazily misled folks on here (cough jaymz72, cough kevlar….) dagney well said… my mom worked at building 7 and was miraculously home that day..horrible horrible horrible…we are at a cross roads here people, 4 more or god forbid 8 more years of the crap that has been in office will finish us…ive emailed furiously to the campaign i think may hear me…we are indeed fighting for our lives….. there may be no good answer but we must be heard, we must vote, we must try…..my honest,some what cynical opinion….....

to be fair shes not shooting wolves from a copter or personally killing polar bears..it doesnt make her any less scarey though but shouldnt our next pres be elected based on truth? snopes folks its a good resource!

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

No, that’s not all it took, Dagny. I’ve been researching this for years.

I challenge you to look into it yourself with an open mind.

Remember that some people would call raw foodists “crazy” or “misled.”

I’ve learned never to dismiss anything as crazy, ever again.

• Omshanti – so happy to hear that your mom stayed home that day. that’s something to be thankful for until the end of time. i’m upset, though, that you shattered my image of palin wearing a beauty pageant sash made entirely of animal pelt while hanging out of a copter firing at wolves. ;)

ahhaaaaaahhahahahahahah, snort chuckle…... now thats one image for the campaigne posters!;0)

• Kevlar, I’m afraid we’re just going to have to disagree on this. As long as your hatred of our government doesn’t go so far as committing crimes that could hurt anyone, I am not bothered by your beliefs. I’ve heard the theories and think they’re misguided, but I am not threatened by them. Even though it might go to the extremes sometimes, I think society is better off for having members who question everything. Just don’t presume you are superior to those who have also heard the theories and think they don’t hold true. Neither one of us has to wake up – we just have to each keep doing our thing and respecting the other’s space.

kevlar…really? oh please….do you think our govt is run efficeintly enough to hatch some plan like this….dude? have you been to your county offices? can you picture any govt employee you have actually ever delt with having the forsight and simple common sence to accomplish what you are suggesting? get real…....

dagney much better put than my wine soaked rant…kevlar disregard my stuff and read dagney shes had one less glass than me tonight(;0) and i have to go feed creatures now..sorry kevlar ive got wine induced mouth run on…. no harm done?

• LOL Omshanti – I hope to be a little wine-soaked myself soon enough, as soon as I can get out of the office. Have fun with your animals! ;)