Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

1200 calories.

13»

Comments

• ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

hey roadrunner, thazs really intresting, and iv heard about that before somewhere too. I try to stop eating after 5 and find i feel soooooo much better when i magage to!! and where can i find out about quantum eating?

• Quantum Eating is a book put out by Tanya Zavasta www.beautifulonraw.com – I have been following the plan too and eat from 10 am to 2 pm and then done for the day. It is amazing how much more energy I have now and the weight (I am overweight after 7 babies :0) is just melting away which is the first time THAT has ever happened to me.

I would say though that I have a pretty high calorie count though like Gear Shifter I don’t track anything. I just eat whatever I want as much as I want within that time frame of the day and my body does the rest.

If you want to increase cals though, try some good Tuscan Bread or Butter Walnut flatbread. Oh man! Sooooo good and pretty high cal due to the nut base. :0)

ajchanter so good to see you! my oldest daughter is 17 and just venturing into raw whoohoooooo

Peace!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Interesting about quantum eating! I am almost never hungry until after I’ve been up for a few hours, and it seems once I start eating, I eat pretty often, although I don’t stop as early in the afternoon. Just says again, listen to your body!

Okay, I was thinking about it, and the mornings I’m not hungry for a couple of hours are the ones when I ate a lot at bedtime the night before. Otherwise, I am STARVING (i.e. truly hungry) in the morning. I guess I just eat a lot, and pretty often most days (every couple of hours). :)

• EASYCHEETAH – you said you’ve released a lot of weight eating this way? I always thought people experimented with Quantum eating for weight gain! I would love to hear more about your experience (how much you have lost and what you normally eat during that 10-2 time frame).

Okay, so maybe no one is that interested, but I just realized that my calorie approximation was WAY LOW! The banana nut pancakes I eat for one meal = 2,060 calories – and sometimes I add raspberries & agave & maybe sprinkle cacao powder on them, too. This morning I had a 7-cup green smoothie (no idea of calorie content), a bowl of cherry tomatoes for a snack, and my lunch just now was a ginormous bowl of raw chocolate pudding = over 2,700 calories in that bowl of pudding alone. And I’m not gaining more weight. I’m slowly but steadily losing the extra I put on while recovering from being so sick four months ago.

Okay, so out of curiosity, I figured the calories of what I have eaten today (I had forgotten about the bowl of seed cheese & salsa I ate first thing this morning, and I ate cauliflower “popcorn” since my last post). So far 3,757 calories – and I’m not going to bed yet. No wonder I think eating raw is expensive. ;)

• angie – wow! Lucky that you can consume so many calories and not gain :-)

• Angie, I get up to 3,000-4,000 some days, too, and haven’t gained.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Sheesh! That’s so many calories!

I’ve been adding coconut oil to my smoothies and it’s tasty and hopefully raising my calorie count a bit. I put in one to two tablespoons. Is that enough?

Also, I’ve been having more seed cheese.

FYI, I did hear that pumkin seeds have zinc. Am I wrong?

tjab – Yes, pumpkin seeds have zinc! I forget – I’ve always thought of sunflower & pumpkin seeds as nuts. :P

KAIT – I guess you could say it’s lucky, but some days it is really frustrating to have to spend so much time eating – not to mention money! I get no sympathy, though, because most of my friends get mad at me if I say that it’s frustrating to be so thin & have to eat so much – they think I’m being rude, or mocking them, or something. It’s a society thing that everyone is expected to be happy being super thin &/or constantly eating? Sometimes I am just tired of eating, and especially eating raw, I don’t like that I always have to spend a lot more than I think I “should” for food! Oh, well, at least I now have lots of good calorie-dense recipes to keep me going, and I can easily respond to people who think they couldn’t possibly eat raw because they wouldn’t get enough calories! :) heehee

well Angie, that’s the opposite of me. hehe. I like raw food because I don’t have the crazy obsession I used to have with junk food and my mind is at peace and also that I don’t have to spend so much time preparing. When I’m hungry, instead of cooking, or fixing something I just grab a piece of fruit. Or a carrot. It’s so simple. When I do spend time on making something I make a big batch and use it all week. It’s so simple and takes so little time that I fell in love with it right away.

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

I went to http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/ the calorie tracker they have there. I calculated all my calorie needs and then set about trying to consume that many calories (2468 or thereabouts).

I literally ate all day Saturday, from sun up until sundown, raw fruit all day and a huge salad with avocado, olive oil, nuts and cheese at night. It was all raw but an ounce of ricotta for the salad.

155 cal short of goal, (I quit eating at sundown) and I thought I would die! My belly was so full.

I will be eating my regular way, nothing all day and a huge meal at night.

Damn the calorie counts anyway. I usually come up with 800 to 1000 calories, it will have to do.

why nothing all day and a huge meal at night?

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

I’m never hungry in the morning and I hate spending money to buy lunch downtown. Nothing good to eat downtown and what there is is too high priced.

Sometimes I will bring a small snack, like today, I brought some soaked filberts and mint leaves to snack on and a cup of herbal tea is part of every work day. So I guess it really isn’t nothing all day. :)

tjab – I meant I just sometimes get tired of EATING – even if it’s easy prep., I still have to spend time chewing it all up. Or I get frustrated that Im’ hungry again when I just ate a couple of hours before. I have always eaten a lot, except when my thyroid slowed down after having my son & before raw got it going again. Junk food was just so much quicker to eat a lot of calories with, heehee :)

very true. It really doesn’t take much to get a lot of SAD calories. I really like eating though and so it’s no biggie. haha. In fact, sometimes I wish I was more hungry so I could eat more!

• I am really curious is anyone knows somewhere to figure out the calories in fresh juices? I generally juice my breakfast and lunch and then eat a full dinner, but I am worried that I am not getting enough nutrients. Any help on this would be much appreciated:)

I’d like to know this as well. I juice and have often wondered

ungrateful- well bringing a bit more to snack on at work couldn’t hurt:) I just bring whole fruit and munch.

• angie: how long have you been raw?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

My average day foodwise is lots of pineapple and microgreens, enzymes, and probiotics in the morning, and maybe occasionally a banana pancake.

Throughout the day I eat fruit, greens, some salad, coconut ice cream occasionally, a little raw chocolate, that’s about it. I’ve abandoned nuts and seeds long ago, for I don’t believe people were meant to eat them (nuts at least). However you should do what’s best for your body and if that means eating a few nuts and seeds you should.

KAIT – I’ve been high raw (with the non-raw stuff usually being nuts & other “not really raw but accepted in lots of raw recipes” kind of foods) for a little over 3 years.

Hey, for everyone who suggested coconut oil to help me get up to at least 1000 calories per day THANK YOU! I’ve been doing it for a few days and the results are really great. My body function more smoothly and I haven’t felt bloated since.

I also have been making Zoe’s spring onion seed cheese and eating more of it to help. It’s been great!

Glad you’re feeling better! :)