Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Major Updates, Coming Soon!

This is kind of exciting, but at the same time fair warning that things might be weird for a little bit!

We’ve got a huge wish list for Gone Raw by now, and we decided it was okay for us to spend some time with it. For the last two weeks, we’ve had a programmer going over Gone Raw with a fine-tooth comb. He has fixed a number of performance problems (this is why the website has been working lately!) and he has also been working on some long-requested features.

I’m not going to say what they are quite yet, I’ll let you be surprised. What’s most important though, is that it’s a huge change for Gone Raw, even though at first it will look pretty much the same. You can expect a couple bumps in the road. That’s normal for this sort of thing. Do not be alarmed!

We’re going to be pushing the updates over the next few days. There may be small periods during which the site is down or not working. But rest assured it will be back, and better than ever. It will let us add more features very easily, and finally do the “design refresh” we’ve been itching to do for some time.

So stay tuned. If you run into any problems, feel free to let us know. We’ll do our best to fix them in a timely fashion. And once again, thank you all very much for your support of Gone Raw!

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

OOO can’t WAIT to see what the new updates are. This is like the night before my birthday, waiting to unwrap the packages. Sweet!

• seems nothing’s broken. and urls like http://goneraw.com/recipes/list/breakfast loads quite fast, at last. happy weekend with the new, more stable and clean version)

• Yeah, well, they are already up! Here are the big fixes:

1. It’s faster. But you’ve already seen that…
    2. Things “paginate” better, which is totally geeky but handy, and…
    3. You can now add pictures to recipes you didn’t post!

That last one is definitely the most requested feature.

Now, due to the major upgrades some things look a little different. I’ve noticed it too. Over the next few days we’ll go around fixing them. We’ll probably try posting some pictures of recipes we didn’t make to be sure it’s working. For now, enjoy, and let us know if you find any issues!

• my recipes are no longer listed under my bio in my profile. is that a new change? thanks again for all your hard work on the site, kandace and ray-we all appreciate it so much.

• my recipes are no longer listed under my bio in my profile. is that a new change? thanks again for all your hard work on the site, kandace and ray-we all appreciate it so much.

• oh-and the double posts seem to have always been an issue on and off.. will this be rectified? thanks a lot!

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Hey Ray, It appears that the recipes for individual profiles are no longer listed. The ones that I’ve checked have “0” published recipes for individuals. I look forward to upcoming enhancements!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Found Kandace’s 68 recipes listed with the profile of one of today’s new members (2SonsRock). There are no recipes listed under Kandace’s profile.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Thanks for letting us know – we’ll fix this asap!

• I’ve fixed this. indeed, it was a bug, though it didn’t produce a “screaming” error. Earlier, account url was something like “account/show/2”, now it is “account/show/kandace”, and that change was the cause. Also fixed other bugs ( like rss for recipes, and forum topic with id instead of name).

Thanks for quick reply.

• upd. fixed “monitored posts” link. no more errors in logs as of yet.

alright, it’s ~ 04 AM here and it’s my birthday today, I’m leaving)

cheers

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

when I click my “monitored posts” it says “0 posts found” and the list of topics I am monitoring is from months ago. Also, with these updates, will I be able to STOP watching a topic? I want to keep up with some for a little while & then I don’t want to see them any more, but there’s been no way to stop watching, so far.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Ray, It is not in my nature to be negative so it troubles me to complain… I am very disappointed in the appearance of the forum page and not being able to see who is online…

Also one more thing, it has always been nice to run the cursor over a photo and see the member number, now that too is gone… It makes a difference when asking for advise if the number is an old one or a new one… Generally speaking, those with older numbers also have more wisdom from experience with their recommendations…

I am thankful to you’al for all the time and effort you’ve put into our site and am so pleased with with interworkings of using the site since the update!!!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Ray, I just tried to upload photos for already posted recipes and I was thrown off the site and the (Internet Explorer unable to… due to not being connected to the internet) page came up… I used the same camera and same lighting when taking these photos as the ones that did post long ago..

Also, are we going to be able to monitar the forums??? The little box to check is missing…

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Is this the final version of what the new site will be?

I sort of agree with waterbaby. I liked the “display” of the old format better. I do like the new “edit” though. It took me to a different page and didn’t hang up. The “Save Reply” button and some of the Formatting Help text is overlapping on the reply box (just an fyi -doesn’t seem to cause any problems)

I did like the way I could before tell faster which were the most recent replied too post. (there was a little blue colored marker next to it) so it is harder to tell what has been replied to since my last visit. So I hope that will be included back. I really like that feature.

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

Just wanted to add my voice of thanks to Kandace and Ray, for the lovelyness that is Gone Raw!

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

This is going to sound really silly, but where it used to say next to a forum subject ie ”’Being Raw’ last post 3 mintues ago by CLR-1976” it now says at 10.42am, etc.. I liked the old one as you can see what’s new. Is the new time controlled by a centralised function or according to your computer (I may need to check mines right though).

Having a look at the forums last night when tired, I kept having to check the time to see if old or new.. My tired brain started to ache so had to ignore it in the end! Sorry to be a pedant, just wondered..

BTW – great site! :o)

P.S – SL if you come back (Or of course Ray or Kandace!).. I cant find our UK thread in ‘Other Stuff’ – has anyone seen it? I was going to reply to Zoe about the amazing sounding ‘Not Prawn Crackers’... I been through a few pages way back to some stuff it would definitely have been before..

• Hey Kandace and Ray - Even though I know you are probably still using the comb to fine tune…

I just wanted to give you a heads up… it seems like some of us have a very strange looking forum. Mine really looks like the skeleton of the program. No heading, no tabs at the top of the page, no design format of any…it reminds me of the basic screen you would see to build a program, in a sense.

And some forum threads seem to be missing…like the Mangers thread, Atheist/Agnostic thread, Into the Wild thread, and I didn’t notice the Hello Raw Christians thread either.

Thanks and I can’t wait to see the New and Improved Gone Raw!!!

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Just noticed another little thing might be worth letting you know.. When I click ‘forum’ at the top or bottom of a thread to take me back to the main forum page (not the ‘forum’ tab at top right), it takes me to the home page. Just an FYI,

Thanks!

P.S – Happy Birthday volh!

• I am reminded that….

You guys did give us…fair warning that things might be weird for a little bit!

• Yeah, thanks for the feedback, everyone! (And yes, you were warned!!!)

We’re definitely keping an eye on these problems. My biggest concern is the missing discussions, for sure. It seems to me that when we had to overhaul the database to move to the new system, some of the topic links might have gone missing.

I’ll see if I can’t fix those up today. But no, you’re not going crazy. Some things are indeed haywire!

• Thank You, for the feedback!:)

Thanks, for letting us know, we have not completely gone out of our minds. At least…not yet.:)

Ray and simplyraw -

Those threads arent missing – they are simply not sorted right.

Here is the Mangers thread -

http://goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/4494

(I am a total geek and searched for it on Yahoo).

Here is the Into the Wild thread:

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/6/topics/7528

The Atheist thread:

http://goneraw.com/forums/6/topics/7065?page=3

The Christians thread:

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/6/topics/2553?page=5

I noticed this yesterday that certain threads were not being sorted right by last post date when I replied to a thread yesterday (the Depression thread in Other Stuff) that hadn’t had a reply since like Sept 10 and I replied yesterday it didn’t get bumped to the top of the list.

Ray, in case you need it for a programming example, here is the thread.

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/other-stuff/topic…

As you can see I replied a day ago (sept 19) but if you look at the maind list of Other Stuff thread you won’t find it until you pagenate to page 2 towards the bottom and it says last reply Sept 10 -which is not true.

This seemed to be happening sometime in the afternoon yesterday but by last night it was working to bump to the top of the list the recently replied to threads. So some replied did not get properly sorted for some reason.

• Hey Queenfluff -

Thanks for all the bumping!!!:)

I didn’t bump the Christains thread because I am not a Christian BUT I did just figure out where it is:

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/other-stuff?page=24

It never got sorted AT ALL – it is back at the date of the FIRST POST of Dec 31, 2007 on page 24. So yeah, some of the threads got screwed up pretty bad – sort wise

My advice would be to search for your thread name on a search browser. I use Yahoo and I just search like this for example: “gone raw” mangers. And you should be able to find your thread.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

I went to the members page, hoping that there would be a search feature in the upgrade and noticed that some of the names were overlapping into each other. Since I stopped going to the member pages in the past because it took so long to find members (unless their name started with an “A”), I am not sure if this is a new problem or an ongoing one. I really really really hope that we will be able to search and/or sort members with this upgrade.

I second clr-1976 concern about a time stamp rather than how many minutes ago something was posted, unless the time stamp is according to our own timezone. I think that the how many minutes ago is probably a little easier though.

I, too, would like to know if the monitor forum check box will be available with this upgrade.

And I do want to thank you Ray for the advanced notice of the upgrade. Things seemed to be running more smoothly after this upgrade than with some previous ones. Thanks!

I went to check my “no poo” thread which has been around forever and I couldn’t even find it in Health and Beauty.

I searched for it on the net and came up with a blank page. I ALMOST had a heart attack (mostly because there is tons of info in there and there is no way I can post it all back) – I thought it had been erased from existance!

Here it is blank (this is the page that came up when I searched the net): http://www.goneraw.com/forums/7/topics/565?page=23

SO being the total programmer chick geek I am, I changed the page number at the end of the link to see if it was indeed all gone and whew! Here is page one!

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/7/topics/565?page=1

I see a page 19 at the most, last post Sept 16, 2008. I can’t remember if that is really the last post or not but I think it is.

Ray – do you want me to leave the shampoo thread as is in case you need a test example when doing the changes to fix this problem? Seems like old threads (that were started way back) are the ones really getting lost. It would be a good idea to have some older threads to check to make sure they are coming up properly.

Otherwise I am bumping it so my thread doesn’t disappear. I have the link so I’ll just wait.

• Yeah…some of those weren’t threads I usually go to either. Just obvious ones I noticed missing, after I saw the mangers thread was missing.

Although Queenfluff...it did seem pretty ironic that I left that note for you on “Into the Wild” a couple a days ago. Like I knew you would be back. It must have been the psychic abilites in me comin’ out. Hehe!!!:)

• Hello, I am new and this site is wonderful thus far; thank-you!!

I also wanted to let you know that my new recipe will not post, it just erases all of my preparation directions and brings me back to the page with only the ingredients listed.

I am also losing the goneraw site when I click on certain forum threads, the new page says there was an error . . .

Thanks again!!

• Hey Ray! I was told to contact you in this thread regarding my profile. When I try to update my personal website, although it tells me that my changes were saved- they don’t save. I no longer have the blog that I listed and I was looking to put the URL of my new blog. Thanks for your help.