New, pregnant, and very excited!

Hello, lovelies! I’ve been lurking around here for quite some time, and I made an account not too long ago but I’ve yet to introduce myself. I’m a 25 year old mother of one and soon to be two, I’m already in veeeery early labor, haha, but for me that lasts about a month before I actually give birth, so it shouldn’t happen hopefully until the second week of October. I’ve been married for 2 years to a very accepting guy who is very supportive of me and my ever changing lifestyle.

I was raised as a SAD eater, although my extended family are very militant Seventh Day Advetists, so actually most of my family are vegetarian, and I grew up eating things like seitan and Morningstar Farms regularly. I didn’t go vegan myself until after giving birth to my son, who will be two years old in a month. I gained an enormous amount of weight during the pregnancy, on top of the 20 extra pounds or so I was carryng around my whole life, and 6 months after he was born, I realized that I hadn’t lost a single pound I had gained during the pregnancy. I looked awful, like a person I didn’t even know. I decided to take back control of my life and lost 70 pounds eating healthy, or what I thought was healthy, and getting regular excercise. It was during that time that I returned to vegetarianism, and eventually veganism.

Now I have discovered raw foods and I am very determined to maintain a high percentage of raw until the end of my pregnancy and breastfeeding period, after which I plan to do a solid detox and work towards 95%, with a goal of 100% after that. I have done a lot of horrible (and illegal) things to my body, and I know it’s still lurking inside me somewhere. I can’t wait to flush this stuff out, and I’m so thankful that the human body is so willing to heal itself, even after years of torture. I am choosing to wait to detox and go very high raw (currently around 60%) because of my pregnancy. My insticts are telling me to wait, mostly due to the nature of what my body will be kicking out :)

This site, and forum especially, have been my strongest source of motivation, besides my body itself. Thanks to everyone for just being here, and I hope to post lots in the future. I’m going back to school as soon as I establish a semblance of a pattern with two very young children. I plan to pursue my Master Herbalist certificate, as well as a CNHP certificate and a BS degree in Holistic Nutrition, natural hygeine style :) I’m hoping to attend the University of Natural Health, although my mind isn’t fully made up yet. I definitely don’t plan on taking clinical nutrition. Anyway, this novel is freaking long, but you guys are great, and I can’t wait to start participating!

EvilxDay

Comments

• EvilDay- Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy and on becoming more healthy! GREAT attitude too! How fortunate your children are to have such a wise mother to raise them in true health awareness from the beginning. :)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

EVILXDAY – Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am happy to hear GR is a positive experience for you. Me too.

I have really been digging the high raw thing too. I started a mini farm in my backyard and am hoping to grow app. 70% of my food, all organic of course. I started very late this year and, if the frost holds off long enough, I have 19 tomato plants that have green fruit and 42 bell pepper plants whose flowers are dying now. I think the tomatoes will make it but I have reservations with the peppers. Its so sad to because I tended to them daily and was a very attentive keeper.

Eating raw natural foods seems to make you focus on the essential and sustaining things in life. I don’t use the term sustaining just in an environmental way. It seems all my priorities have become readjusted for the better.

Peace and wishing for you a wonderful birthing.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

welcome! Please let us know how your pregancy goes with high raw! I’m so excited for you!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Welcome & congratulations!