chocolate dip

blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Looking for ideas on the best raw chocolate dips you have made or tried. I saw one posted that was simply cacoa powder and agave, and I tried it but didn’t do the trick for me(something was missing). I want it at the moment mainly to use with fruit, apples at the moment, but can’t seem to get the ingredients/ratios right.

Thoughts?

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

made this last night. without a doubt the best. it’s a raw version of the ganache filling from “raw food real world”

mix about a couple of spoonfuls date paste/dates and cover with a little water. couple of spoonfuls of coconut butter/oil. then about 3 spoonfuls of cacao powder. (grind your nibs REALLY well or the sauce will be grainy!)

it’s so fluffy and amazing. omg.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Sounds great, the date and coconut could be what I was missing. Did you simply mix the ingredients by hand?

Oh, and I realized on another post you live in CT as well. Hope you enjoyed the beautiful weather today :)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

hey there. yep. i am near NYC. twas a beautiful day indeed.

sorry, that was only half the recipe. ;) you blend it all in a magic bullet, or make a few batches and use a regular sized blender. it gets really wippy and divine. if you refrigerate it gets hard and as is also really yummy.