Making the rents eat raw

CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Well, I will be seeing my folks this weekend for the first since eating a mostly raw diet. I told them I was going to bring a big salad and they sounded pretty excited. Then I told them I was going to make a raw desert and my mom about flipped out and said how gross that had to be. I’m going to surprise them though. I am currently planning on making Cinnamon Girls from RAWvolution. Does anybody else have any suggestions for an amazing desert I can make that is simple and quick to make? I think they will be shocked when the see how good the desert is and how tasty the salad is without SAD dressings.

Comments

• DreaDrea Raw Master

This recipe is not long and drawn out but it does take a lil love. I found it on this site and it will make a believer out of any SAD fooder! http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/3539-Wild-Bluebe…

• If you have any Avocados, I suggest a healing avocado pie.

Yes yes yes…

All you need is about 3-4 medium avos, cacao powder, honey, and optional – 2 stalks of fresh aloe vera (peel aloe, and remove the gel), vanilla bean, maca powder, coconut oil / cacao butter is exquisite.

Directions: in a food processor, whip up the avos and add fresh aloe ( if you wish ) – if you do not have any aloe, perhaps 1/4-1/2C water will make it less dense, then add cacao powder & sweetener and any of the other extras…. Then put this extraordinary mouse into a pie crust or straight into a bowl – then chill in the refrigerator.

This is a most incredible pudding , or pie ( a simple great crust is 1c shredded coconut – ground in processor into a fine consistency , 1c of nuts – 1/2 almonds and 1/2 mac nuts is incredible, a little honey and a pinch of salt! yes yes yes…

You will not regret this one.

love you

• Caleb, this dessert is SO easy. It takes minutes to make:

oh-my-god-caramel”>http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/1904-oh-my-god...

It’s actually more of a topping, but is awesome on a simple fruit salad of bananas, strawberries, blueberries & apples. Mmmm..Or you could put it on top of chocolate mouse made with 1 avocado + 2 tablespoons of cacao powder (or more for desired chocolately flavour) + sweetener to taste, blend and serve.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Just posted Matthew Kenney’s Pumpkin pie recipe for the Thanksgiving recipes thread about 2 minutes ago. My mom ate half the pie! I would top it with some nut cream, served on the side. Raw “Pumkin” Pie

For the Crust 1 ¼ c Pecans 2T agave nectar 1T coconut oil—this is a white solid at natural food stores. 2 dates ¼ t. sea salt

It all goes in the FP-Pulse first. If you want to dehydrate this crust for a “candied” taste line the pie plate w/ parchment and dehydrate for 48 hrs!!!

For the Filling ½ C really raw cashews, soaked ¼ C agave nectar 1/3 c coconut oil ½ C + 2T carrot juice if you have a juicer or use 2-3 carrots and 1/3C coconut water or some other raw liquid-water is fine-in the food processor. 3/4 t vanilla extract 1/4t sea salt 1 ½ t cinnamon 1 1/2t nutmeg 1/2T fresh thyme, chopped

Blend everything in the vitamix except the thyme, stir in thyme. Fill the candied or raw tart shell, chill in the freezer overnight. Any extra slices (doubt it) should be wrapped and individually frozen.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I got so busy I forgot to check back. I ended up making a huge salad with guacamole and Cinnamon Girls from RawVolution. They loved it. Although my dad didn’t like how I made the guac, but mom liked it.