Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

2 questions. NB: could disgust some people.

I'll start of by saying that one of my questions may disgust people, but hopefully we are all open minded and open to new forms of information.

So, here is goes....

Question 1. Urine therapy.

I have had continual problems with my skin from a very young age. I am now 28 and am dying to have luscious skin from now on. I have been researching Urine Therapy for some reason, i don't even know how I stumbled across it, but it seems to be the cure for almost everything. Anyhow, at the moment I would like to know if anyhow has had success with applying it externally on the face and how you did it. I am not willing to ingest it at the moment as 1. I'm still getting my head around the topic itself and 2. I'm on medication at the moment which prevents me from taking it internally. I've been to many websites but am confused with the amount of information. If anyone can recommend a good site for information I would be most appreciative.

Question 2. Dandruff

Upon researching urine therapy, i stumbled across an article that said that dandruff was actually candida. Can anyone shed some light on this for me. My partner has terrible dandruff that sometimes spreads to his eyebrows and eyelids. He also has rough facial skin that flakes. He is close eared to my suggestions that it's an internal problem. In his eye's he's perfect and indestructible!!!. lol. He is not raw nor vegan but a lacto vegetarian and has been for 9 years. His dinners are mostly full of greens and vegi's, because of me, but he eats loads of carbs and breads, coffee and chips. He is a perfect weight and suffers from no adverse diseases, well none that he can't put up with anyhow. I've tried countless times to turn him to veganism but alas my efforts have gone unnoticed. I mentioned to him today that his dandruff was actually candida and for once his ears didn't shut off at my 'alternative medicine' suggestion when I suggested a candida diet.

I would like to know if people have cured dandruff through a very very healthy vegan diet/candida diet (it's no use, he will never be raw, so becoming vegan is the best chance.) I would love him to stop eating dairy and start to eat better grains.

I would also like to know what the best remedies you've used to cure dandruff, athletes foot, dry skin and sinusitis are? I can control what he eats at night ( most of the time), cause I cook and he's not fussed but really, he needs to make the change himself, I just need to give him concrete evidence that it will work. The more gradual the better in his case. Too much change at once makes him feel different! lol!!!!!

Thanks heaps in advance for your help. I look forward to you suggestions.

Zoe

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Did a search for "urine therapy" on this site and found several threads. I didn't find any in depth discussions, but this one includes a link to an e-book: http://www.goneraw.com/node/5219. There's also a reference to urine therapy somewhere in Queenfluff's shampoo thread (http://www.goneraw.com/node/1559). It's a very lengthy thread (500+ replies) that has been active for 18 months or so, so there is a lot of information in there about hair care.

I'm sure others will weigh in on the subject later, but thought the e-book might get you started.

• no to freak u out, but my granda used to make me wash my eyes with my urine whenever i caught pink eye. Suprisingly it worked. Also, what she used to do is take the urine of a baby and rub it on her for soft skin. She also drinks it in the morning. The first strain of pee is supposed to be the best. ur probably freaked out by now lol. i'm sorry lol

but yea look up urine therapy.

p.s. as far as the dandruff, coconut oil is a miracle! what i do is i warm it up and massage into my hair. I leave that on overnight and wash my hair out in the morning. also, every other day i add a small amount into my hair to keep it moisturized. I had dandruff too and this really worked for me. good luck!

• Something we learned in one of my nursing classes.. urine, in fact, is completely sterile, if coming from a healthy person. During the Civil War many soldiers, not wanting to waste their clean drinking water, would wash out wounds with their urine. I'm not sure what effect it will have on skin in regards to clearing up the apperance but I'm sure it won't hurt. Best of luck to you! :)

• Thanks guys.

With so much information on the internet, I'm often bombarded by what to do and what not to do. As much as I'm embarrassed to admit, I think I will start the UT tomorrow but only externally. I'm always up for new experiences so scoff f you will but if it turns out well, I'll tell you all about it.

As for the dandruff. i'll suggest the coconut oil. I use it everyday on my body, so it's very accessible. If need be i'll attack my partner when he's asleep and lease expecting it!!! lol!

I'm interested on people opinions between dandruff and candida.

• coconut, and caprylic acid derived from coconuts, is supposed to be very anti-candida anyway so it would probably work well. I can't get my head round urine therapy either but let me know if it works!

• I've been on the internet for approx 6 hours now researching various things, one being the gross topic of UT. I'm actually starting to get a laugh out of this and the absurdity of it, but hell, if it works then it's just the mind that needs the healing.

For those who are interested, here is a good site for an explanation of what, when and how.

http://www.lightbalance.com/articles/urine03.htm

Urine.....who would have thought!!!

;)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

ZOE S. - I had a long discussion the other day with a raw foodist in my neighborhood about urine therapy. He has been doing it for several months but has not resolved his issues. Of course, his lack of success doesn't mean it is without merit.

The simple problem, candida. This is easily and quickly 100% resolved with grapefruit seed extract (GSE). If you use it you will kill off your candida without destroying your beneficial bacteria. Your diet feeds candida so you want to cut back on sugars so you don't return to a yeast overgrowth state.

Acne is also a manageable problem and is probably the result of an unknown food allergy. Everyone wants a simple answer and easy way out and that is why drugs are so popular. Water fasting is the only way to completely detox your body and do it as quickly as possible. If you stop and think about this, common sense would dictate it to be true. Then as you introduce foods you can determine what you are having a reaction to.

Take responsibility for your life and research the topic and any suggestions you receive. Don't rely on what anyone else tells you and try to be mindful about what you learn. It is amazing how we block out what we don't think we can handle. Knowledge is always the best medicine. Good luck.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I have no ideas on the urine therapy, but what is the issue with the skin for you (dry, oil, breaking out?) because that can help in figuring out what to do. For me one of the biggest helps was stop using any commercial cleansers because I found they made me worse. I've been doing much better without them now.

Coconut oil is great for most of those other issues. I make a scrub with that and brown sugar and use it in the shower, big change after a few uses and no more excema or dry patches for me. I've used it direclty on my skin to moisturize, and it does for athlete's foot as well. I have only tried it a few times on my scalp, but what I also suggest for dandruff is rinsing with apple cider vinegar. Seems to do the trick for me after a few times, however in the winter need to do it more often because I still have issues with dryness then.

Besides that, going from the inside out ....WATER, lots and lots of WATER!!