Aluminum foil in Excalibur Dehydrator??

Hello my faithful gone rawers! I don't have any teflex sheets so I was wondering if I could use aluminum foil as a replacement in my dehydrator. I also have parchment paper and saran wrap. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

P.s. I am making some bread and the batter is moist and sticky, so I fear that the parchment paper might get wet and flimsy.

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I don't know about using aluminum in a dehydrator. I choose to not use it for health reasons. I don't want my food or my body touching anything aluminum. Try parchment paper. It's pretty hefty. I'd probably steer clear of the saran wrap. Just my thoughts on the subject.

• Raw CurlsRaw Curls Raw Newbie

Parchment paper works well, it will get a little crispy if left in there too long, but if you are making bread and flipping it over on to the mesh sheets before it's done that won't happen.

Make sure it's the unbleached kind.

• Vegan GoddessVegan Goddess Raw Newbie

Thanks for the input. Parchment paper it is. I agree - it's not that great for breads, I've tried before, but alas it is all that I have.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Has anyone tried natural unbleached waxed paper? It is a little more smooth than the parchment paper, but i just don't know about the wax part of it.I guess i have been living in denial about using teflex sheets. I no longer feel comfortable using it as it contains teflon and there are health concerns associated with that. I'd appreciate any input.