Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Getting a little too skinny...

Hey everyone,

I've beet eating only raw foods for some weeks now but i'm getting a little too skinny... I believe this is normal since i'm getting a lot more water and fiber into my body. But...what should I do in order to reverse this and gain a little weight? or at least mantain it?

Lots ot love,

Leonor*

Comments

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

Gaining weight has never been a problem for me, but my roommate is always trying to gain weight. He is 5'8 and about 125... 110 or so before raw. A great thing to do is mix your greens with high fat nuts/seeds and fruits with a high-water, low-sugar content.

For example:

Spinach

Tomatoes

Pine nuts

or

Kale

Tomatoes

Macadamia Nuts

Eat a good amount of this kind of combo once a day and you can bring your weight up!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Honestly this is something that keeps me from being 100% raw. Even at 70-80% I lose too much weight. I always eat plenty of nuts, seeds, and avocados too because I make fancy dishes (and I have an avocado tree).

The only things I DON'T do regularly are

Excercise - building muscle mass would help maintain weight.

Eat a lot of fruit - because I don't have much of a sweet tooth, most fruit just doesn't appeal to me.

So those are two things that I personally have not tried that might help.

• This isn't from personal experience, but i have read that some people lose a bunch of weight when they first go raw and that later (still raw) it balances out and goes back up to your natural weight. I have no idea if this is true though -just read it from some people

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

definitely happened to me. i dropped about 15 lbs and then went back up to my preraw weight. now i have so little toxins in my body its fabulous.

• Thank you so much for your posts..! i've been including more high sugar content fruits, as well as more nuts. I just hope it'll work..

Leonor