Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need to lose weight >,< HELP!!!

2»

Comments

• I tried the master cleanse this spring and was surprised that I actually DID it. I think I just made my mind up, or something. All the while making food for everyone in my house. But on day 10 my mouth started burning and I decided to stop the lemonade, and that was that. But I think I'm going to try to do it again in a couple of weeks in an attempt to stay raw for the summer. I did lose weight on it and it helped me totally eliminate gluten from my diet, which is awesome. Most of the weight I gained back but only because I've been eating a lot of cooked crap recently.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Thanks lulushka, I hope it goes well!

lilburger-was the burning part of the detox or was the lemon juice just getting to your cells?

• I love that book too. Def. a good read!!

• Hey mmmorgans,

I too am an all or nothing person. I found that I just have to make less nuts and more fruit available. When I'm in a crunchy mood I make a batch of Cheezee kale chips and then I'm fine for a while. I read the BEST book the other day. It's called The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose. It gives wonderful suggestions and helpful recipes and tips. Read it, it really helped me appreciate the food I was eating and let myself off the hook sometimes when I'm not perfect and start eating more of the nuts/avos.etc. Hope it helps you too:)

Nicole

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

Hi troubles, like you I was a bit freaked out about starting a cleanse but it has been so easy! I got some advice about my not being sure when I could schedule it into my life. He said just plan on doing it for 3 days and see how it gos. Well 3 days, no prob. and guess what, I want to keep going for 10. Life is so easy when you know this is all you will be having.

I'm really not doing it to drop weight. I agree raw is best for that and cant wait to get back to fruits & veggies. I wanted to see if I noticed a difference after a CLEANSE. We'll see.

& troubles, good luck w/ the raised eyebrows at work. LOL Maybe a colored or opaque container so no ewww, whats that? comments on the spice colored lemonade.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

When I take something to work that looks "funny" I always put it in an Arizona Green Tea bottle with the insulating label still attached . . . can't see through it, so there are normally no questions. They're pretty used to my drinking smoothies at lunch. No . . . I don't drink the green tea. I recycle the bottles from a neighbor who does drink the tea.

• hey troub-

I really don't know what caused it. It kind of felt like the lemonade was too acidic for my mouth. I could have kept going, but I kind of just decided I did enough. I had some really strange detox symptoms while I was doing it though so maybe it was another round. Next time I'll keep going no matter what, for two weeks I think.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Troublesjustabubble -- My first MC I went pretty much straight from vegetarian SAD to the cleanse. I never felt hungry during the cleanse. The "lemonade" (in my case limeade, as I much prefer the flavor of lime) was sufficient to keep me satisfied. I actually enjoyed the flavor, and felt very sated as long as I drank the recommended amount per 24 hours. Since you're doing green smoothies in preparation, I think you'll be fine.

Somewhere I have the link to a list of foods (all fruits, if I remember correctly) that supposedly can be included along with the MC and not interfere with it's purpose. If I can find it (may have lost it when we reconfigured my computer), I'll post here.

• oooo emtpdmom, I'd love to see that list. One thing keeping me from the master cleanse is not being able to eat anything at all and just drink that lemonade. Hope you can find it!

emptdmom-I'm afraid to eat fruits during the MC because I have such a bad digestive system. I mean really bad. I might though if I start psyching myself out of finishing......I sometimes do things like that and a piece of fruit could definitely keep me on the straight and narrow.

I know I can do the cleanse because I've done a six day water fast(that was hard) and several liquid fasts but I'm just worried because I already feel that I don't eat enough and not eating anything could make things worse. I want to eat more I just don't think about it enough.