Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Oh no...

13»

Comments

• Sorry superfood2, I didn't mean to demean anyone's lifestyle. I have a different relationship with food, seeing as I have struggled with an eating disorder (and understand how dangerous it is, personally, to obsess over my food choices-thus allowing food to define my identity and mood), and have a different philosophy. I guess that was my personal word of advice, though I should have re-worded it "eat what you would like, and what your body likes, as long as it is not depriving your body in any way."

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Superfood! I'm always so amazed by your diet everytime I hear what you eat. It's so full of deliciousness! I personally probably couldn't afford all of that let alone eat it. ha.

M-don't feel like you have to eat as much as superfood because we're all different but do try to eat more and what superfood said about sipping a green smoothie all day is a great idea. I always feel so good when I do alot of smoothies and they really can be very high calorie.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I used to have a different relationship with food as well. I'm a completely recovered bulimic. What caused my recovery (besides the desire to recover)? Going vegan and then giong raw. I've been fine. I have a healthy relationship with food because everything I eat is healthy, nutiritious, and eaten for instinctual body-fulfilling reasons, not emotional reasons.

Just be patient with yourself.....and figure out what feels good for you, both mentally and physically, to eat. That's very important. If you swallow something with bad feelings mentally, you probably won't feel good physically later! :)

Hugs.

I love how we communicate on this site, BTW. We're full of clarifications and respectful communication, not much judgments!

I love it too. I am always very encouraged after leaving the site and when I'm in a slump or burnt out I know where to go to get good advice, recipes and conversation.

I laughed at your comment in the honey thread, that it was the nicest honey thread you had ever seen. :) haha

haha well you know, this is a vegan site and usually the people who eat honey get ragged on! It was just very surprising.

Yes, it's very intense! I guess I figure vegans get questions about protein and other things all the time; maybe we just get tired of people questioning us just to question us, like the person that points to your shoes to make sure they're not leather, all the while eating a dairy ice-cream cone. I try to be more patient and understanding that people just have a question; they're not trying to offend or argue. I'm sure early on in my veganism I was more fired up.

yeah, I totally know what you mean, I'm not vegan but being raw gets alot of that. One guy told me that yogurt covered raisins were raw and 'healthy'. I was like 'uhhhh, no'. I hate explaining over and over again what I eat when it's so simple!

This is funny, after telling someone that I only ate raw food he said "where do you get that, like, at a health food store or something?" I couldn't stop laughing but I finally managed to to get out that there's a produce section in most stores.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

"where do you get that, like, at a health food store or something?"

Priceless.

LOL

:~)