Too much fruit sugar?

jakkrabbitjakkrabbit Raw Newbie

I've been basically following a 70/20/10 split of carbs/fats/protein, and recently a lot of my calories are coming from fruit, since I really don't like upping the fat intake.

For example today on the fruit side of things I'm having 5.5 apples, 2 bananas, 1 cup red grapes, 1 kiwi, 1 orange, 1 pear, and 1 tomato.

The problem is that this is 202g of sugar, when the RDA of sugar for women is 40-90g.

I know there are lots of people on high-fruit diets who do well, and before I switched from 50% raw to 100% raw with more fruit, I had unbelievable fruit (sugar?)cravings. But I've read that to do well on a high fruit sugar diet, you have to be really active or you'll gain weight. I'm not sure how active this means.

I do 10 minutes of moderate-intense cardio every day, and 30-50 minutes of resistance training every seconds day, with one rest day on the weekends, and I've been getting ripped pretty fast. But I'm completely housebound so other than lots of cooking and cleaning, I'm mostly sitting on the computer. Is the cardio and resistance training enough to make up for the sugar, even though I'm not, say, a triathlete or going for day-long hikes or hours worth of rock climbing?

However, if I was to get more of my calories from fats instead of fruit sugars, I don't see how that would be any more useful, wouldn't that cause weight gain as well?

Comments

• There is nothnig wrong with eating fruits. The only thing there is wrong with is consuming excess fat (10%+ from fat) or excess protein. Have you ever heard of the 80/10/10 diet? Where 94%+ of your calories come from the natural sugar from fruit. Check out www.30bananasaday.com. Learn how a high fruit diet with greens and veggies will help you achieve peak performance.

• Would I be able to eat raw dehydrated buckwheat with some fruit? Is buckwheat 10% from fat or less? I really would like to know so I can eat it during the day and not worry so much of gaining weight , im thin enough and I walk and work everyday. Would it still be ok to eat it:O SInce buckwheat isnt a nut and a fruit seed buckwheat should be eaten freely right?

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I don't think buckwheat is as nutrient-dense or as healthy as fruit. But eat it if you like it. I'ts up to you. No one can make a decision for you. Check out fitday for more specific nutrient and caloric breakdown information.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Dehydrated foods are dehydrating. Eat water-dense foods like fruit as your primary source of calories for better hydration, too.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

You cannot eat to much fruit. The sugars that are found in fruits are all natural, and your body can assimilate them properly. A diet high in fruits, veggies, whole sprouted grains, nuts and seeds is what mother nature intended.

http://lilearthmuffin.wordpress.com/