Calorie DRAMA

rawpretzelarawpretzela Raw Newbie

Hey! I want to know if someone has any idea of how many grams represent 8 nuts?? And also I've been counting my calories daily in Nutridiary and I always have a good amount of fats, carbs and proteins but never get enough calories!! Is it bad? I mean I eat nuts, fruits, veggies, sometimes olive oil, i mean I give a little of everything but for example today so far I have accumulated 917 calories!!! And I'm pretty sure that's not enough. Also, I've been feeling really tired lately could it be because of this?? Hope someone helps!!

Comments

• Definately, not enough calories could be causing it! There are several different approaches you could take to up your calories:

Fruit smoothies. You can get a lot of fruits (and tender greens) into your system this way. If you do not have a strong appetite, this may be a good solution. Greens (and other veggies, imho) are important for vitamins and minerals. But, unfortunately (for your issue) they are low calorie.

So, calorie wise, you need to up your fruit intake. If you are trying the 80/10/10 approach recommended by Dr. Graham, this would be the recommended approach. To eat this way, you really have to put the fruit away though. Lots of it.

You can also up your intake of higher calorie raw foods that also are higher in fat- nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil. Some people feel bogged down by more fat. Some people it seems to work good for.

You can also (if you are not 100% raw diet) add cooked food that ups your calorie total- brown rice, sweet potatoes, steamed veggies.

The choice of which way you want to go is up to your style of raw (or high raw) that works for you.

If you are very slender (otherwords you really can't take the weight loss) it's very important that you make sure you get those calories up, which every way you can.

Hope that helps some.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Probably depends on the type of nut/size of the nut/density.

• Wow i wish i had your problem.

Come eat with me for a day, i'll get you right up to 2000 calories no problem! LOL