Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

New to Raw

Hello! My name is AJ and I am new to raw food. I have been vegan in the past (for about a year, three years ago) and mostly vegetarian besides. About 11 days ago I decided to make the leap into raw food and I am so far having a lot of troubles with it! I did great for 1 week and then the weekend came and I ended up eating some very much not-raw foods at a dinner party on Saturday. Then on Sunday I ate raw all day but mad a little cooked food binge in the evening. Same thing happened again today. I am trying not to be too hard on myself- after all I am new to this! But anyway, I came here looking for more suggestions and support so I can resist my urges to eat cooked food and learn to live on a high raw diet!

Thanks-

Comments

• Give it a while!

Are you striving for 100%?

Don't restrict. Start by just getting as much raw food in your body as you can. If you really want something cooked, have it. Then start trying to go raw until dinner. After that, eat as high raw as you can, even during dinner, but, again, if you want something cooked, go for it! As long as it isn't junk.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

if you are binging at dinner, it's likely you aren't eating enough during the day. try to eat more so you aren't too hungry at night. raw food isn't about starvation.

you are right to not be too hard on yourself. give it time.

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

My suggestion - keep it simple. Eats loads of fruit and veggies during the day and keep yourself satisfied. My only problem not being able to stay raw was when I wasn't eating enough fruit.

• Thank you all for your advice. I do want to be 100% raw, but starting out I don't know if that is feasible. I think maybe I am eating too few calories during the day. I usually start the day with a green smoothie (~300 calories) and then for lunch I eat cut up veggies and fruit (~300 calories). I think one problem is I have been trying to do the 80/10/10 stuff, but maybe just starting out I should allow more fat? I just feel starving by the time I get home and make dinner- no matter how much I eat I am not satisfied!