Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Sunflower seed bread

Hi I purchased this raw sunflower seed bread online. Its from Lydias Organics. They taste soooo good!!! I would just like to know if himilayan crystal salt is healthy? its suppose to be the healthiest salt. http://lydiasorganics.com/bread_sunflowerseed.html

Comments

• therea 65mgg of himilayan crystal salt in each raw bread slice, theres six in a pack. You will not regret buying these they are so healthy and light. I had them with my raw soup:) or you can make a nice raw sandwich with them. add some sprouts and tomatoe. You can als rehydrate the crackers with water to make them moist mmmm:)

• Himalayan salt is salt, although it is less processed than the regular iodized variety you get at the supermarket, and it's supposed to have a few more minerals, too. But, too much salt of any variety isn't the greatest thing.

I've not heard of the bread that you mention. I'll have to check it out. I intend to buy a dehydrator, but I'd like to try some of these things to see how they are "supposed" to taste, if you know what I mean.

• Thanks for the reply, I never add salt in my food, but this dehydrated raw bread seems to have little of himilayan salt in it. The way you explain it, sounds like its a bad thing. I dont even think I want the bread anymore. Its like there isnt anything else to eat, if every little thing is bad. I would of liked the raw cracker/bread without the himilayan salt, but they seem to add it to the bread. It really does taste good. but I dont eat it everyday. This been awhile since i bought it again until now. I sometimes want something else different, instead of always fruit. I get tired of the sweetness after awhile.:? This raw diet seems to look badj ust like the SAD diet. seriously:? Sorry if I sound a little mad:? Im trying to come to a cunclusion, that the raw diet is the healthiest out there organic fresh food. sometimes dehydrated foods, for something different. If everything is bad, its like depriving yourself. When you crave something raw , i mean anything a bag of apples, or dehydrated flax crackers, or some sprouts, etc. go for it!!!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

hey don't worry about it! himalayan salt is fine if you don't overdo it. it's a lot cleaner than any other kind of salt you can get. eat your bread and enjoy it, doesn't sound like you're overdoing it so enjoy.

• Thanks:) I do eat fresh fruit every day, with raw tomatoe soup. I feel really good. you only do get 6 slices of those raw breads, its 10 dollars for six slices:O . I got it in the mail today.This morning I had 3 apples, 3 pears , and some fennel. Then I went to work, worked for 6 hours came home and had, three raw sunflower seed bread slices with raw tomatoe parsley soup. and 2 apples and a pear. Does it look like I ate enough?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Please don't take this the wrong way sweet but it seems like you spin out when anyone suggests what you are eating is not good for you. It's good to take what others say onboard but a little himalayan salt is not the end of the world. It's just about putting things in perspective. It sounds like you eat really well so please don't be discouraged. :-)

• Thanks for your comment:) I had the rest of the three slices of bread today and i enjoyed it. It was my treat!!. Now ill get back to eating just fresh fruit and veggies. I find I feel best on just fruit and veggies. HAve anyone tried lucuma fruit? I really want to try that one:D

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

yep i've had lucuma! 'cept you can only get it dried or in powdered form. haven't had luck trying to find it fresh. but i've mixed lucuma powder with a tad of water and it makes a cake battery type thing. oh and it's orange too :)

• mmm cake batter:O hahah. can you make raw cookies with that? Have you tried mixing it in some fruit smoothie?

Is it good to eat or is it some sort of a sweetner? I never tried it:)

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I add it to smoothies, it has a hint of vanilla flavor and will add a bit of sweetness. I like it a lot.

• Im really excited to try this one now!!! I hope I can find it at my health food store, or else im going to have to order online and pay for shipping:o