Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Grapes

I love grapes!!! Theres this diet that you eat grapes all day for a week . It cleanses your body. Has anyone tried this diet and would it be a better choice than doing the banana island diet for a week? Since grapes are higher in water content than bananas, i think i would feel better with grapes. I tried bananas and i get that slugish feeling of fullness after eating 5 bananas LOL.

Comments

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Im pretty sure you can go on 'banana island' even if its not with bananas. Make sense? I've read of people doing it with apples, and watermelon. The point is to let your digestion system do as little work as possible which will happen when you eat one fruit only..no matter what it is. I think you will be fine!

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Grapes are the best thing you can do. and if you do a couple days of water fasting (or as close as you can to it) it works even better. You can cure cancer with only grapes, the darkest ones are best!! So any of those nasty little messed up cells in your body will just go away!

have a Great Grape Fast!!!

Oh and DO eat the seeds!!!!!!!

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Hmmm now I'm thinking I want to do Grape island with you, yum! :)

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I've done it (but only for a weekend, not a week), and I LOVED it! I also really like freezing them and eating frozen grapes in front of the TV.

I've also doen a melon feast for 1 week. It wasn't only watermelon, but I ate cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon. I think that I liked it more than the grapes because I found that grapes tasted too sweet after a while. Melon is not as sweet and a lot juicier. By the 4th day my stomach was completely flat (but I did go to the bathroom A LOT!).

I'm pretty sure any fruit you choose to monoeat will give your body a little break and your digestion will be better.

If you HAVE cancer you want to do it for many weeks and the seeds are a must do. there are several sites on the grape cure. Just give it a google!!

Have fun!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Grapes don't cure anything of cancer. If anything cures itself, IT'S YOUR BODY.

That is true but grapes have what your body needs to cure itself.

• Its amazing, ive been eating the grapes and I feel so good!!! I feel so light:)

Glad you are doing great!! Keep us posted.

• I completely eliminated all other fruits and veggies from my diet and only eating grapes all day. I feel never bloated and my stomach never hurts ,I have full energy. The grape diet is a must try!!!!I tried with the bananas it just doesnt work for me. There is something with grapes that i can eat alot of it and still feel light. And its more water rich than banans:)

CHEERS!!!!

if you get tired of chewing you can always put a bunch in the blender and drink them. get more of them down that way!!!

• How many is too much grapes to eat in a day? Imm guessing on the grape diet it doesnt matter how many you eat. Yesterday I had like 3 pounds of grapes. Today im aiming for 5 pounds. They are very easy to eat and really sweet and juicy. I buy the red organic grapes. Is it possible to eat 20pounds of grapes in a day?

• i have the organic red seedless grapes, does it matter if its seedless, i cant find them with seeds.

• bananas have more sugar than grapes?

• I had about 4 pounds of grapes this morning about a pound and a half at 6am then the rest between 7:30am to 10am. I still feel light and alot of energy . I checked how much grams there is in 4 pounds and its about 1,814 grams:O I hope that isnt bad LOL. Its like drinking water. the more the better:)

• Can grapes be non organic and still help? I can't get organic grapes where I live, so I avoid any. Would it be safe to do mono with non organic ones?

Grapes are an important food crop for our health. Unfortunately they are also like the #1 food that has the MOST pesticide on them. That is why it is important to get the organic ones. I do buy non organic but then I do a rinse of food grade hydrogen peroxide and water rinse well with just water to remove any excess "bleachy taste" I usually use about an ounce of H2O2 to a quart of water.

Some say never eat a grape that is not organic. But they are so hard to find sometimes and are very expensive. So it just comes down to a choice you have to make for yourself.

• Like AVL I love frozen grapes

they are like mini raw sorbets