Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Would you take this supplement?

CeidrenCeidren Raw Superstar

I'm talking about this:

http://www.therawfoodworld.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=1000777&zenid=ks37rhluc2ppa726kecjkivno5

It is a B-12 supplement that appears on several raw food oriented online stores. It's 'other ingredients' contain: : Fructose, Mannitol, Natural Cherry flavor, Microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silica.

I'm asking because, of course b-12 is much better absorbed sublingually in a lozenge than in the stomach, and otherwise (having methylcobalimin, folic acid, and b-6 as well) it seems like a good supplement. But I don't know if putting fructose and naturaly cherry flavor into my body is a great thing--I don't need vitamins that taste like candy. Am I overreacting about that; would you take this and not think twice about it? I have IBS and am worried I might be low at the moment, so am eager to get something, but it is so hard to find the perfect form.

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

the fructose and cherry are there to prevent it from tasting disgusting.

you can get it in shot form or even a skin patch, although i am not sure how the patch absorbs. those would not have additives.

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

I have IBD and lupus and stick with the shot. B12 is something I'd rather have a little too much of than risk too little, and I don't do well with additives, especially if that additive might come from corn **cough** fructose **cough**. I do have a lot of food allergies though. In my opinion, when you have a bowel issue, absorption is something to not take lightly and shot may be absorbed better than sublingual. I know, under the tongue is supposed to be different than through the g.i. but I've always tested and reacted better to shots than trying sublingual treatments including allergen antibodies.

• CeidrenCeidren Raw Superstar

Thanks for responding. I feel hesitant to go through all of the trouble of seeing a doctor and getting tested, getting shots. Perhaps I will try these and see how I feel afterward-- I haven't seen many better pills, and I haven't taken anything for some time. There is a "raw b12" pill on some sites but that is just cyano-cobalimin, and it includes raw garlic, onion, and asparagus juice, which also gives me a bit of pause. I'm not sure my sensitive skin would react well to the patches, either. But I will do something...