Any raw pagans/Druids/Nature spirituality here?

greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

I'm into Druidism and Nature spirituality- anyone else similar?

Greetings from Britain.

Comments

• People are getting more interested in forms of holistic spiritualism, like Wicca, Native American traditions etc. Going back to New Age ideals, but from a different place than before.

Have you read the Ringing Cedars books by Vladimir Megre? You might like them. They are generally about the lost culture of our 'pagan' ancestors and how we can re-introduce that kind of balance with nature and the universe in our modern times.

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

No, I never even heard of them, sound good though. I like Emma Restell Orr's books- she is a Druid priest and a committed vegan. I think she eats quite a bit of raw as when I met her she was saying raw food fills you up more! She is a great supporter of organic food.When I get employed again I'm eating only organic. I eat as much of it as I can afford right now.For me it is not only the health side of organic food but the honouring of the Land/Earth- dumping pesticides onto the beautiful Earth is dishonourable to me.

• Wiccan here; although I'm a seeker. I'm also not 100% raw, but whole foods vegan with an avid interest in raw that seems to be taking up more eatin' space every day.

I suspect that there are a lot of pagans of many persuasions lurking around vegan/raw/vegetarian boards. It does seem to go hand in hand.

Merry Meet! ;) yes it does as wholefoods are a way to eat in honour of Mother Earth! I'm high raw wholefood vegan- and about 90% organic.

• hikurohikuro Raw Newbie

I'm not religious myself, but I do tend to like like Wicca, Druidism, etc. more than the Abrahamic religions. Could be biased though, it isn't easy being a non-Christian in the Bible Belt.

• Raw PassionRaw Passion Raw Newbie

Hello! I'm attempting Raw and though I'm more spiritual I'm deeply interested in Druidism espeically because it was apparantly practiced by my ancestors which is quite cool though I admit I know little about it.

I guess I'm sort of Pagan in my beliefs as mine is very nature based, but I dont practice anything that might be classed as a religon. Im from Yorkshire by the way.

"I'm not religious myself, but I do tend to like like Wicca, Druidism, etc. more than the Abrahamic religions. Could be biased though, it isn't easy being a non-Christian in the Bible Belt."

A bit zealous are they? ;)

"Hello! I'm attempting Raw and though I'm more spiritual I'm deeply interested in Druidism espeically because it was apparantly practiced by my ancestors which is quite cool though I admit I know little about it.

I guess I'm sort of Pagan in my beliefs as mine is very nature based, but I dont practice anything that might be classed as a religon. Im from Yorkshire by the way."

Have you got Celtic ancestry then? I love Yorkshire- I'm not that far away from you- Liverpool.

I can't speak for all my family but yes. My Mums side is Irish - though Jewish Irish but my dads side have been in Yorkshire since the Vikings settled here - that long I know! But from what I know it was his family that had druids in it - could have been his mum's side, I dont know the ancestory of hers that well though I think her family were French (her Grandma). I guess Im a mongrel really. However my village is steeped in Druid history we even have an anciet druid alter. And you, a scouse druid. ^_^

"I can't speak for all my family but yes. My Mums side is Irish - though Jewish Irish but my dads side have been in Yorkshire since the Vikings settled here - that long I know! But from what I know it was his family that had druids in it - could have been his mum's side, I dont know the ancestory of hers that well though I think her family were French (her Grandma). I guess Im a mongrel really. However my village is steeped in Druid history we even have an anciet druid alter. And you, a scouse druid. ^_^ "

What Druid altar is that? Druids practised their spirituality mostly in woods and forests.

The Vikings came here too- being a handy port for them to land!

Actually, I am not scouse- I grew up in Sefton, Merseyside and my family are from Lancashire/Ireland on my mother's side and Wales/Sefton in my Dad's. I live in Liverpool now though, don't have the accent- I'm more Lancashire sounding. I have lived in a few places so have some hybrid accents at times.

I've not been to it, but it's in a woodland, theres also a stone circle up there too. I keep meaning to go to it, well you know what its like, I know local druids perform some of their rituals (?) there. Funny enough that same location has one of the highest sightings of UFO's in Yorkshire, I keep my eyes peeled on the sky, the closest I get is to a blinking light plane.

Stone circles are much earlier than the Celts/Druids- they are Neolithic. Though they have got associated with modern day Druids- as the c.18th Druid revivalists took an interest in the stones and would celebrate the Solstices there. That has carried on with many modern day pagaans doing this.The Celts/Druids gathered in groves of trees.

What stone circle is near you?

• I have to admit I'm envious of you folks living in the U.K. I've always had an interest in neolithic ruins. One day I'd like to take a trip (primarily to Scotland) where I can hike and camp. Such beautiful outdoor areas in that part of the world.

Although Wicca is so "new" there's still such a link to the U.K. As an American living in the southwest, I'm trying to incorporate aspects into rituals that take into account the plants, animals and seasons where I live; instead of relying on the more "traditional" associations. For instance, there aren't any rowan trees in the Mojave desert. ;-)

I'd be interested in hearing what anyone who will be celebrating Mabon will be making for their feast? Last year, I was eating cooked vegan, but I'm trying to come up with a mostly raw feast this year. I do have dessert down, Sarma's raw apple crisp from Living Raw Food. Is anyone going to have a raw Mabon or Samhain?