Watermelon Island- who wants to join?

wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

Hey guys,

Im feeling all puffy and huge so Im going on watermelon island (eating lots of watermelon and drinking green juice only) for the next few days. Who wants to join me? Grab a big ol watermelon and dig in! :)

Comments

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I will join you! Think I will do a Galia melon island though.

I can do three days only as I am away this weekend.

Have you started today wichten?

Also, is that your puppy? Adorable.

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

I started today with my melon.

That is my puppy the on the day we got her from the rescue shelter. She was so tired from all the excitement she just passed out in the car. She's full grown now and is the most playful dog you'll ever see.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Sounds delicious, just be sure to get enough calories! A pound of watermelon has less than 150 calories versus a pound of bananas which has 400 calories. :)

Swayze

• I'll join! I already ate a big ol watermelon today....yum :)

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

day 2! i went for a 5 mile run yesterday and all the watermelon has really helped with the hydration in this heat. Im feeling fantastic. Ive already had a big melon today and will have another one for dinner. I think next year I'm going to have to plant watermelon and do a long visit to the island.

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

I can only eat half a watermelon in one sitting :-(

I ate half today, it was good!!!!

• I think I've been living on watermelon island without actually meaning to! I eat a disturbing amount of it already. Lately, I've met a ton of people who say that they don't like watermelon. How is that even possible? It's a cryin' shame.

Actually I don't care for watermelon. I mean, it's tasty, but it isn't one of my favorites. I much prefer musk melon, banana melon or even honeydew.

Plus, I find it really difficult to pick a good watermelon.

Swayze

• I just did this! It was a short fast but I am still feeling awesome from it almost 3 weeks later!

I blogged about it if anyone is interested:

http://tanni7.wordpress.com/

How did everyone else do? Or are you still going!? :)

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Ive never even heard of banana melon swazye must keep an eye out.

Honeydew melon is nice though, have one ready just now.

Hey Happy Raw Girl!

I did three days and had to stop as I was working at a festival last weekend and there was no way I was going to be able to transport and cut up that amount of melons!

I am going to start another three day melon fast this week as I enjoyed the peacefulness and found melons very pleasing to eat all day long.

If you like the muskiness of musk melon, you'll love banana melon. :)

Swayze

• well done on your melon island vacation :)

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I only like watermelon here and there. But sounds great if you enjoy it. :)

Same here, superfood. Musk melon is just SOOO much tastier, imho. Plus, it's so hard to pick a good watermelon.

Swayze

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

Is honeydew the one with the soft orange flesh? I got one in my organic order- cut it open yesterday and had half- it is delicious. Had some more today and got one piece left in the fridge. So sweet, fragrant and full of juice!

I am considering venturing to apple island for a few days. I am away at a festival and limited in what I can take with me due to space restrictions.

Anyone done apple island before?

greenwood, I think that's the crenshaw or maybe casaba melon. Honeydew has a white/green skin with a light green flesh.

DeborahBee, I've never done apple island because they are just so low in calories. It would be rather difficult to fill up on them. You could do an apple/date island, since dates are much higher in calories and easy to transport. :)

Swayze