I start out with fat and THEN proceed to fruit....

I have seen quite a few people on here say that you should start by eating fruits earlier in the day, and then proceed to greens/veggies/fats. The problem is I have to be at work between 5 and 6 A.M. and I find that gorging fruit that early makes me want to throw it back up. I can't drink water and then eat fruit later, because I can't eat on the floor at work. I have to wait until my ten minute break. And there's no way in hell I'm waking up like an extra 2 hours early to get to eat fruit for breakfast. I tried smoothies with greens and fruit in them. Nothing keeps my hunger at bay except raw bars made from nuts. This makes me feel my best (a.k.a. not hungry which makes me grumpy, light-headed, and tired and slow moving), but I was wondering if there's negative/positive health benefits to eating fruit earlier in the day and fats later that are really worth pursuing fruit in the morning.

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I don't consider "fruit" a food group and "fats" another, so I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Fruits have fat; greens have fat; avocadoes have fat; everything has fat. What do you mean by "fats"?

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

The body takes longer to digest fats than to digest sugars, which is why people recommend eating fruit early (so it's not sitting in your digestive system on top of fatty foods and fermenting). However, if you're not experiencing digestive difficulties, I see no reason for you not to eat nuts in the morning if that's what works for you. In fact, there are some who believe that eating fruit in the morning is a mistake, as it makes the body alkaline and more prone to sleepiness, while an acidic breakfast (like most nuts) "wakes the body up."

I'm being blocked from posting a link, but if you look around the rest of the interwebs, you will find arguments for both eating fruit for breakfast and not eating fruit for breakfast. Your own experience is your best guide.

• Thank you ambiguous. I figured going by my body was the best thing, but I was wondering why so many people on this site advocate fruit early in the day.

And superfood, I meant fats as in foods heavy in fat, such as avocadoes and nuts. Fruits may have fat, but they're not heavy in fat.

• I agree with you. I work in a customer/food service job and I hate being fake and smiley when I'm hungry or irked that all these people don't care what they're putting into their bodies or THINK they know what's better for them... alas, I am paying my own way through college and I need this job. It pays better than other student jobs because I've been with the company for a while now. I'm going to try not to worry too much about food combining or eating fruit at a certain time, things like that. I've got a strong digestive system. I'm just going to eat what's going to keep me full through the work day, raw bars made from nuts.