Complement to bananas

hikurohikuro Raw Newbie

Bananas are a key component to many raw diets, both for their nutritional profile and their affordability. While many people do fine going on 'banana island' for a little while, bananas certainly aren't a complete diet on their own. While a varied diet is probably best, is there anything in particular the complements bananas well to give us everything we need? Another fruit or two, with a couple of greens?

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

I dont think restricting to a few fruits and greens is a good idea nutritional wise, its always best to get as broad a scope of different fruits, vegetables and if you eat nuts and seeds well them too.

Dont forget seaweed aswell which is basically the only iodine source on a raw vegan diet.

Just my 2 cents worth:).

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

There is no fruit, even bananas, that you must eat. They are all good contenders. And as powerlifter said, you do not want to rely on only two fruits all year long. Variety is important.

As Dr. Graham (author of The 80/10/10 Diet) says, "Simplicity at meal time, variety throughout the year".

Swayze

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Its also good to get a wide variety not only for getting the wide scope of nutrients but each fruit and vegetable contains many different antioxidants, phyto-nutrients and other beneficial chemicals which as most already know are documented in preventing various cancers, heart disease, stroke and so on.

• hikurohikuro Raw Newbie

Eh, that's about what I figured. Thanks for the comments guys.