Mineral Makeup

I was wondering whether anyone knows of any good brands of mineral makeup. Not all brands are as natural as they claim, and I don't want to use anything harmful on my skin.

Has anyone actually tried making mineral makeup? I've heard of people doing it, but not sure how hard it is...

Comments

• I use Everyday Minerals and am incredibly happy with it. :)

http://www.everydayminerals.com/

• I love these: http://www.zuiiorganic.com/

Made from flower petals + minerals!

• The best mineral line I have found that has no nano sized particles and no bismuth oxychloride is Alima Pure cosmetics.

• Pame'laVik'toriaPame'laVik'toria Raw Newbie

I used Jane iredale for years. Now my skin glows better without it. But I still use it around my eyes to make makeup stay better, and as sun protection.

• Claire TurnipClaire Turnip Raw Newbie

I love mineral makeup - for about the first.hour, then it goes all flaky. I wouldn't recommend it if you have naturally dry skin. I've tried a few brands over the years because it really is great for evening out tones, and it looks wonderful when first applied. But alas, every type I have tried has ended up looking odd within a few hours.

• tamberleetamberlee Raw Newbie

I am a daily Monave Mineral Makeup user and couldn't be happier!! Monave's products are the real deal in terms of ingredients, and being good for your skin. I do love mineral makeup as a whole, but Monave offers the highest quality, and purest consistency that I have found. I use the loose mineral foundation, and occasionally the concealer crayons layered under the powder, if I need a little extra coverage. One foundation application stays put all day long! Serisouly. 

If you are used to a cream or liquid foundation, they offer these as well as the loose. The liquid foundations are very simple and easy to use if you are new to mineral makeup. Although, personally I prefer how light weight the powder foundation feels on my skin. Monave products are also irritant free, gluten free, and vegan, so a wonderful option if you have skin sensitivities.