Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Favorite tv shows!!!

This has nothing to do with raw, but i wanted to know who has a t.v show that they absolutely cannot miss? I love csi miami, house and girlfriends to name a few. Can’t wait to hear your comments!

Comments

• The Amazing Race, when it is in season is one of my favorites. I also enjoy South Park and Weeds but I tend to rent that on DVD.

• My boyfriend and i love south park too! He cant get enough of wrestling though. I wish some of the old cartoons like rugrats(baby version not teenager), ahh real monsters, doug, hey arnold, etc would come back. Those were the days man.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

I love cartoons! South Park is awesome, though I can only download it. I also like family guy (I missed the entire last season because I had to work). My favorite cartoon would have to be Invader Zim. I also used to watch the Colbert Report religiously, but I can’t stay up that late anymore.

• We love The Daily Show and Colbert Report, also The Office, Ugly Betty, and the sadly-missed Arrested Development. We don’t own a TV, we usually get our shows from iTunes and watch them on our laptops. That way, we don’t have to worry about how late they’re on!!!

• I used to like E.R., Cops, and America’s Funniest Home Videos.. lol I don’t know if they are even still on t.v. now.. I watch 4400, touching evil, bones, and sometimes X-files.. it’s hard to get the programs here in Kurdistan but we have a dish so we still get some of the movie channels so I don’t feel like I’m missing out too much

• I love Weeds, The Office and am now starting to watch Upstairs Downstairs, a UK show from the 1970s very good acting and surprisingly captivating. I don’t have a tv either, so watch via iTunes and DVD rentals it’s definitely the way to go, no more commercials ever.

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

ray- how much do you pay for tv on itunes?

• blujett8 – The shows are as much as $1.99, but with some shows like The Daily Show or Colbert, it’s ten bucks for 16 episodes, which is about a month. You kind of “subscribe,” and get the latest shows automatically. It ends up being a lot cheaper than Cable TV would be for us, and more convenient, but we’re kind of nerdy….

Oh yeah, no commercials. I almost forgot!

• Hi! I watched almost every episode of Star Trek growing up. I think William Shatner should be President! But we were only allowed to watch about an hour of tv a day so mostly I read, or made dog toys with my sewing machine. I have satellite so the main things I watch are science shows. Two stations are Current (ch 366)- which is excellent videos\shows that people put together. I watch The Daily Show, Psychic Investigators and the Link Channel (Ch 375). Link is having a show on in an hour about Nobel Laureates and their opinions about the state of the world.

• willmizewillmize Raw Newbie

1) Star Trek (either the original series or Next Generation) 2) Seinfeld (Yes, even in reruns) 3) Survivor (oh the shame!)

Oh, I’m a dork alright.

• morning theft, invader zim is my all time favorite! love that little gir!

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Yeah, willmize! Long live the dorks! I’m such a goof most of the time, and pretty proud of it. I keep myself entertained, anyway. ;o)

I think the best thing to hit television evereverever (since the original Star Trek, I mean) has to be Battlestar Gallactica. NOT the cheesy 70’s (80’s?) version – although you had to pull me off the TV with a prybar when that was on when I was a kid – but the new one, with Edward James Olmos as Admiral Adama, and Starbuck’s character is a girl who kicks major ass and has major issues… sigh… the new season doesn’t start until January and I’m jonesing already!

Heh… megadork here. ;o)

Jen

ClaireT
  • willmizewillmize Raw Newbie

Absolutely correct Jen! (Dork High Five) I saw the BG miniseries, fell in love with it and got the first season on Netflix. Made the rookie mistake of trying to watch too many episodes at once on a weekend. SO DEPRESSING. So Dark. No smiling, no sex, no joking around. It was like Ian Curtis of Joy Division and Yeoman Rand of Star Trek got together and had the Most Depressing Sci-Fi series ever. But it is definitely one of the best sci-fi series ever :)

ClaireT
  • blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

thanks, ray I don’t own a TV, but sometimes would like to watch something on my computer. 1.99 is pretty good! thanks for the info

ClaireT
  • jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

“It was like Ian Curtis of Joy Division and Yeoman Rand of Star Trek got together and had the Most Depressing Sci-Fi series ever.”

HAAA!! Funny. ;o)

ClaireT
  • raw_earthraw_earth Raw Newbie

Supernatural, baby! :D I love me some Winchester boys! That’s the one show I never miss. I also watch Lost and House pretty religiously.

And Californication on Showtime is pretty hilarious IMO (just started watching that one), but I’ll be losing my Showtime package soon because my cable-package-dealie is up this month and I need to cut back.

ClaireT
  • rawmaidenrawmaiden Raw Newbie

My favorite TV shows at the time is WEEDS, WEEDS, WEEDS, lol : ) and has anyone seen Californication? (with David Duchovny) it’s really a good show, it kind of grows on you and last but not least is Seinfeld, still love the re-runs, can’t ever get enough!!!

ClaireT
  • MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

I think I still love Seinfeld reruns best of all. Every episode has something in it that has become part of the mainstream vernacular….yada yada yada,,,, Oh and yeah I love House. I think House and I were separated at birth, (lol!)

ClaireT
  • queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Ok, I feel so out of it. I never heard of some of these new TV shows. I have TIVO so I TIVO all of my old faves off the satellite – Little House on the Prairie, Beverly Hills, 90210, Three’s Company. I have probably seen ever episode of the entire series a few times over.:)

The only “new” stuff I have been watching is “A Haunting” series on the Discovery Channel (because I like to scare myself) and (I can’t believe I got into watching this but…) Rock of Love with Bret Michaels on VH1. I accidentally started watching one episode because it was on after another show I was watching and now I just have to know who will be picked (and don’t anyone tell me who wins – my bf went and looked it up online and I told him NOT to tell me!) so I gotta finish watching the whole thing because those girls are so wack I look really good compared to them!:)

I also am embarrassed to say I watched all the episodes of the Two Coreys. ha ha ! :)

ClaireT
  • raw_earthraw_earth Raw Newbie

queenfluff, I almost forgot about The Two Coreys! How could I?! ;) I’ve been watching that lately too. I usually don’t dig reality TV shows at all, but I just loved the way the two of them played off each other. I hope it gets renewed for a second season…if Haim is allowed to come back that is! * g *

rawmaiden, yeah! Californication is an awesome show!

ClaireT
  • Love4LifeLove4Life Raw Newbie

I had to add my two cents here… Supernatural, Lost, Greys Anatomy, Heros, Inuyasha, family guy (I absolutly love stewie..lol), Medium…that is to name a few! Yes, i like tv :), I have to tape most of them because of work, but on my days of i get to catch up. And just to add, I grew up watching Star Trek with William Shatner ~ love that show and watch the reruns when i can get them. Little house on the prarie was also one of the shows i used to love to watch growing up.

ClaireT
  • debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

Lost!

ClaireT
  • kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

24!!!!!! its the only show i’ve been totally addicted to. That, and The Dog Whisperer.

ClaireT
  • germin8germin8 Raw Master

Have to add my two cents... TV? Who has time for TV?

ClaireT
  • newbienewbie Raw Newbie

Dr. Who (ok, who’s a geek?), Battlestar Gallactica, Any and all of the Star Treks :-) Firefly (no longer airing) One Foot in the Grave, Absolutely Fabulous (must see!! – fantastic britcom) Faulty Towers, The Office, The IT Crowd, Spaced, Any and all documentaries (we spend late nights unwinding by watching mostly British TV – it’s so much funnier)

ClaireT
  • StefunkStefunk Raw Newbie

I have to agree with so many of you. I DVR Seinfeld, 3 episodes a day. I have a trivia game going with a myspace friend and I’m yet to be wrong! I also love Miami and LA Ink. I love to hear why people decide to get a certain tattoo.

ClaireT
  • goings63goings63 Raw Newbie

Who didn’t like raw though? Anyways, now days I have been watching shows by Andy Yeatman on Netflix with my kids and I would say those are my favorite shows for the time being. The series are actually entertaining and provides a lot of knowledge to the kids.

ClaireT
  • carlahaileycarlahailey Raw Newbie

I am big fan of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien.