Preventative foods?

I bruise rather easily, and I was wondering if there is any food that helps prevent or minimize bruising?

Comments

• raw_earthraw_earth Raw Newbie

Well, this doesn’t exactly answer your question, but the white part of citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruits—the pith just underneath the skin is said to help heal bruises. Although, heck, it may prevent them too. :)

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

If you happen to be low on vit. C you would bruise easily. Hard to believe that could happen on a raw diet high in fruits and veggies though. If you supplement a lot with omega 3’s, you blood will “thin” I know if you take fish oil supplements you are supposed to stop a couple weeks before surgery. (Since you are probably vegan, I doubt fish oil is the trouble!)

• Thank you both!

Actually, I’m not vegan, yet. But I’m trying really hard as I’m transitioning to raw. My downfall is cheese, and I’m making whole hearted efforts to cut it out of my diet. I’ve dwindled it down to about twice a week.

• shele24shele24 Raw Newbie

Are you anemic? That causes bruising as well. I have to make sure i intake enough iron in my diet b/c I bruise easily.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Lapetitemort – Do you make raw cheese? It is very easy and authentic tasting, it might help you out there. I use soaked sunflower seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and green onions. Whizzed till creamy in the processor it is great stuff.

• shele24, I’ve never been diagnosed as anemic. But then again, I haven’t been to a doctor in a couple of years. Could that be something that can come on if you’ve never had it? I should go and have a checkup done, if nothing else.

Zoe, I’ve never tried making my own cheese. It sounds very easy. I think I’ll have to try that! Thank you!!

• Ever since I’ve gone raw… I’ve actually started to bruise far less.

• Zoe, that cheese sounds awesome and easy! i’ve tried making the fermented soaked seed kind before but i thought it tasted aweful. I’ll have to give yours a try. thanx!

• Hey lapetitemort! Also a lack of vitamin K aka potassium while cause bruising, so stock up on bananas , which also help with our ladies cycles! Peace

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

OK, guys I’ll post the cheese recipe properly tomorrow!