New Feature: Recipe Printing

Thanks partly to the support of some Gone Raw sponsors this month, we’ve been able to start working on the long list of feature requests. First in line is probably the most frequently requested feature of them all, better recipe printing!

And it works right now. Simply view a recipe as usual, and when you tell your web browser to print, you’ll get a much better copy. Gone is all the extra junk, including the comments, which tended to waste a lot of ink and paper. So maybe we’re helping the environment a little bit, too!

So thanks everyone for your support, and for making Gone Raw a very special place indeed. We will be adding even more features as time allows, so stay tuned!

Comments

• I should also point out that, as a result of my work on the site today, it’s been having some hiccups. I think we’re mostly past them, but just thought you should know that you’re not going crazy!!!

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Hi Ray, I want to print out recipes WITH comments. How can I do this now? The comments on the recipes sometimes offer great optional/alternative ingredients or extra tips and methods of preparation. Is there any way that I can print out recipes with the comments? Thanks…

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Hi rawmama~ I haven’t tried to print out a recipe with the site option. If it doesn’t print the comments, copy/paste them into a word processor (Notepad, Word, etc.) and print from there.

Hi Bluedolfin, I did think of doing that, but would just love to avoid that one step, and also want to be able to keep the recipe and chef’s info as it is on goneraw.com, so it shows up on my page not just as text. Does that make any sense? :)

Hi rawmama~ Yes, it does make sense. :-) It looks like Ray intentionally designed the printing function to exclude the comments (see his post above). However, it looks like Ray has something up his programming sleeve for the future… Until then, I think if one wants both recipe and comments, the copy/paste method is it. Now, you can copy/past the recipe, as well as comments. That is how I do it. I then can change font, make a recipe fit a certain way on the page, etc. But then again, I’m a bit anal about stuff like that. In addition, I have the recipes stored on my computer and use them from there. I don’t print them out. Hope this is helpful.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hi rawmama: For now, copy and paste is likely to be the way to go. We had so many complaints about pages and pages of comments that we’ve streamlined (and hopefully created a more environmentally conscious) printing process. At some point, we’ll likely have options in printing, but that is definitely down the line.

Thanks Kandace and Bluedolfin…will do. Normally I would just shrink the page size so all would fit front and back, or just print the first page, but not every one knows how to do that. I have to laugh about Bluedolfin’s comment about being a bit anal and changing the font…I do that too :) Normally just love having the laptop around, but won’t have it with me for the day I need the recipe. Thanks again, have a great weekend…would LOVE that option in printing…ahhhhh, what the future may hold :)

Hey rawmama~

Three cheers for Team Anal! Raw! Raw! Raw! :-)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! You are hilarious, you just cracked me up! :)