Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Quick Tips for Great Recipes

I just wanted to make a couple quick suggestions. Gone Raw has been getting bigger and bigger, and it’s very important to us that the quality of our recipes stay top notch! While we don’t want to take the fun out of it for anyone – individual expression is very important to us, as well – we want Gone Raw to be the absolute best site on the web for raw, vegan recipes.

So here’s a couple suggestions for posting great recipes:

1. Provide a good title and description. When folks search for recipes on the home page, the program looks in the title and description. If your recipe is a cucumber soup, and it has the word “cucumber” in the title or description, people will find it and be happy!
  2. The “draft mode” is handy. Some people have had problems with the last ingredient, when adding the ingredients to their recipe. This is my fault, and I’m working on a fix for it… but in the mean time, if you initially create your recipe and don’t “publish” it right away, you can take a minute to make sure everything looks right.
  3. If you’ve got a camera, be sure to take a picture of your recipe. Nothing makes a recipe look more delicious than a good photo!
  4. Remember: they have to be raw, they have to be vegan, and they have to be recipes.

We really do appreciate all the great recipes and discussions you share with everyone, and we will always be trying to make Gone Raw even better. Thanks!

Comments

• There have been so many great recipes on here lately, I don’t know where to start… but thanks, everyone! Building this website has paid us back many times over, because we get to enjoy all of the great recipes and discussions too. And that’s priceless.

One thing I wanted to say is that I love that most of the recipes lately have had pictures. To me, that’s what gives our recipes and our site an extra “edge.” And I like that folks aren’t worried if their pictures don’t even show the food. I’d rather look at a nice picture of a sunset or someone’s pet, than nothing at all! And after all, you can go back and change the picture later, if you get a good photo of your amazing creation.

So that’s all, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for putting their time and energy into sharing with us all. Thanks!

• I agree with you ray about the pictures! I know none of the recipes I’ve posted have pictures, , but I’m ordering a camera and will post pictures for all my recipes as soon as it arrives. Can’t wait to see what people think of them!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Is there a way to post a photo of some one else’s recipe?

• Thank you to everyone who posts recipes here! I really appreciate all the creativity, time and effort that goes into all the amazing recipes. I truly would be lost without them!

I have noticed quite a few recipes lately don't list the appliances needed, and what category the recipe falls into . I love to use the "tags" when searching for recipes, and these recipes can no longer be found , other than in the main recipe listing. I know it must take a lot of time to post recipes, but whenever you have a few moments, could you please add the appliances needed and tags to your recipes ?

Thank you again , all you creative people!

• It's also helpful when people take the time to comment on a recipe AFTER making it. The ratings system and comments are so very useful because there are just SO many recipes to choose from on this site!!

Thank you all for your efforts! You make my raw food diet SO much more interestiing!!