Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Am I the only one?

SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Hi everyone,

Am I the only one to get excited about little things like having your favorite fruit or veggie on sale at the grocery store? Or finally finding certain foods like jerusalem artichokes? Speaking of which, does anyone have good (yet simple) recipes for these?

Thanks!

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

me too, I have recently been excited about tomatoes. Been getting on the vine plum tomatoes and I am very happy all day if I manage to nab a bag of them! And I got especially special avocados from a new shop I found and the buzz lasted for days, I am not kidding… Isn’t it funny getting so excited about fruit and veg, such simple pleasures,mmmm!

• I have a recipe I just developed using Jerusalem artichokes! I just joined this site a few minues ago; not sure if I can post an attachment or whatever, so I will try just pasting the recipe here.

Sheree’s Superb Sunchoke Sandwich Updated March 30, 2007

Filling: 2 1/2 C. coarsely shredded Jerusalem artichokes (sun chokes) 3/4 C. raw pecans, coarsely chopped 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced

Combine sun chokes, pecans, and red bell pepper. Set mixture aside.

Dressing: 1/2 C. lemon juice, fresh squeezed 3 T. raw sesame tahini 1/2 C. cold-pressed oil (olive oil or flax oil mix) 1 t. dulse or kelp, ground 1 large bunch chopped basil 1/3 C. raw honey or agave nectar Salt & pepper to taste

Combine dressing ingredients in blender until thoroughly mixed.

Sandwich: Romaine leaves Alfalfa or young pea or other green sprouts Optional: diced tomatoes

Combine filling with dressing and serve in romaine leaves topped with sprouts. Add diced tomatoes if desired.

• The other day I asked the guy in the produce section if he had any banana’s in the back that were going bad. He brought out a HUGE bag of them and I got them at a discount price. Sweet!

• Sheree, you should try posting the recipe on the site proper, and let us know if you run into any problems. It’s super helpful to have newcomers try it out, and let us know how it works!