Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

1 thing to do every day

if you had to pick one thing you would recomend to someone who is already raw to improve there health what would that be ?

Comments

• YOGA!

• Think/be about something other than food! Get a hobby. Like Skyespice, I practice yoga, but I also run and hang out with a mixed group of people who keep me grounded.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

meditation

• Sleep, many people think that diet is the most and only important thing…it is one of the most important but everybody needs sleep. Energy to power our body comes from resting the brain, sleep and dream good dreams.

• Positive thinking! Replace every single negative thought with a positive one as soon as it enters your head. It will change your life. Thoughts are things, so everytime you think about how radiantly healthy you are you become all the more radiantly healthty.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Skin brushing.

• Great topic! For me, it would be lymphatic stretches, something that my nutritionist highly recommended. It helps a lot with detoxification. (more info)

• RawAllaRawAlla Raw Newbie

Be in service to others. It has made my life just phenominal.

• Dream!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Bikram Yoga… which has changed my posture in one month:) I’ve never been a bendy girl, and always wanted to be one, and now I am on my way to being a bendy girl!, hooray!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Here’s some of my favorite additions I have made to my daily schedule in the past 6 years. They all have been hugely transformational and so in no particular order I would recommend.

Conscious Connected Breathing (Rebirthing) link> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebirthing-Breathwork

Bikram Yoga link> http://www.bikramyoga.com/

Bathing twice a day. (30 mins at least, Hot, Soaking not showering) Before breakfast and before dinner.

Affirmations: Repeating the most positive phrase you can think of concerning something you are working on or yourself in general. You can write them (15 times a day at least) or sing them (30 minutes or so) chant them with a mala or record them and listen to them. Examples: From now on I breathe fully and easily. or I am a flawless creation of God with infinite value and divine purpose. or I crave only healthy natural foods. or Every day in every way my life gets better and better.

note: The Breathing and Bathing can be combined also, which is great!

• Ray: How do you do lymphatic stretches?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I try to drink around 2 liters of water a day. Mostly in the morning. I feel better when I get that much water – sleep better too. Unfortunatley I don’t always do it.

Other thing would be to always spend time nuzzling with my loving kitties. :) Nothing like something warm and fuzzy to make your day better.

I am trying hard to do the advice posted by rawmumma. Thanks for posting that!

• a silly little jig!

• listen to some music that gives you that awesome feeling of the world being clear, crystaline, and harmonious. (:

• As ChrisCarlton said, Affirmation! They do wonders!

Aslo be really childish :D

Ray, how do you do those stretches???

• I couldn’t find any links on exactly how to do the Lymphatic Stretches – they were taught to me in person, and there’s at least a dozen. They’re a lot like yoga, and I hear Bikram Yoga has similar benefits. I did find some related links that might be helpful, give these a try:

If anyone else has links that illustrate the stretches, that would be great. I don’t want to try writing them out myself, I might get them wrong. If I find out more, I’ll be sure to post it.

• I’ve never done them, but I found this link in my intruigued-by-rays-post research. It has pics. There’s only one per page so make sure you go to “next” to see them all.

http://active.com/story.cfm?story_id=13138

• Ray and Juleskess: Thanks for the links. I’ll check them out.

• Prayer

• Drinks lots and lots of water!!! It’s one of the BEST things you can do for your body, mind and spirit!

• The Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation have been a great compliment to my high raw diet. They are simple and playful, only take 15 min. and have an amazing effect on your vibrational energy. They activate your chakras and get them spinning. When all your chakras are spinning and balanced you have this amazing sense of calm grounded peace fullness and the world being a perfect place and your connection to the universe seems infinite and full of love, love ,love…....... Also gives me abundant energy! They are believed to reverse the aging process.

• island tribe…please tell more of the Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation. sounds wonderful!! i know my root chakra is a little off as of late.

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Smile to strangers, even if you’ve had the worst day. :)

Oh, and keep up with the new goneraw forums and recipes!!

• Buy a Mac computer, when your looking up all the resources about raw food, you don’t want your computer to crash

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

Get some sun!

• tell yourself that “every day in every way my life gets better and better”.

Surround yourself with positive energy and thoughts. :)

• Smile always, yoga, and oil pulling.

Letting go of all the negative energy :)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

rebirthing breathing, soaking in the tub and sitting with a fire….works absolute wonders :)

• Be myself, everyday. Which is something I have been doing for the first time in a very long time.