Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

100%!!

Just wanted to say, this is my 2nd week of 100%, purely raw!

I feel great, I’ve lost 3 more pounds, and I’m getting comments like, “You look like a whole new person!” from my friends.

This is my husbands first FULL MONTH raw, and he looks amazing. I’m going to change my pic to include him I think!

Whoo-hoo!

Comments

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Congratulations!!!

• Wonderful!!! Keep up the good job!!! :)

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Wonderful !!!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Hurray! That is fantastic!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Fabulous news, you go girl!!

• Congrats!! I need some advice..I have been vegan for at least 6 weeks…I have been 95% RAW for 2 weeks..but, I have only lost 3 pounds which keep fluctuating. I have got to be doing something wrong. Too much fruit maybe??

• tlrosbach – it kind of depends on what you’re eating, how you exercise, what your body type is. I never lost much on a vegan diet, but then I didn’t have a whole lot to lose.

My suggestion is – don’t focus on the weight. I include my weight loss because it is a sign to me that my body is getting rid of “junk.” However, I can also say, my skin looks amazing, I feel better than I ever have in my whole life, and I stopped (for the most part) craving cooked foods. Focus on all the positives, not just the weight loss.

Also, try going 100%. That is when I saw true changes.

• YAY! you get the Obiwan Kenobi pat-on-the-back!

• Thanks for the advice. I fell off today but, I am getting back on tomorrow..And you are right I can honestly say that physically I feel soooo much better when I eat this way so, I am going to try to not focus on the weight so much.

• That is awesome!!! Way to go!! It is so cool that you and your husband are doing it together!!! You are lucky!!

tlrosbach I agree that you should focus on positive health gains rather than just weight loss but I have to jump in and say that fruit is not a culprit in weight gain or not losing as fast as one would like. It is almost always too much fat in the diet. Cut out your nuts, seeds, oils, and avocados and add lots of fruit if you want to jump start your weight loss. It will keep you satisfied, happy and energetic.

All the best,

Audrey