Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Food combinations...how important are they

snoopy99snoopy99 Raw Newbie

How important is it to live by the food combinations when going raw? after eating a certain area (lets say veggies and starches) could I eat an apple (fruit) right after that..or should i wait..

i heard that fresh fruit and nuts don’t combine but i hear it a lot in the forums that people eat them together…so i guess i am confused.

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

You’ll get lots of conflicting info on this, but i believe if you are eating foods with high enzymatic activity then food combining is a non-issue for a high raw individual. If you eat cooked, you need to be more careful, but your body will tell you. It’s a personal choice for me not to put soaked nuts in my morning smoothie. At that time of day, i only want fruit. I choose to put my fats in later in the day. It’s just what works for this ‘ole gal.

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

i notice when i dont combine very good, then my stomach is very upset and has a real hard time digesting… i strive to combine properly…doesnt mean i do it all the time though…..it’s a work in progress… your body will let you know when it’s time to start combining properly….til then Enjoy everything Raw!

• The only thing I do is that I don’t mix fruit and fat except for the occasional citrus juice with avocado and I always eat melons completely by themselves.

This has been more in keeping with listening to how my own body reacts when I didn’t follow those principles vs. actually worrying about following any rules. When I first went raw I could get away with mixing fruit and fat all the time and I felt great. The longer I was raw and the cleaner my body got, the less tolerant it became of less than ideal combinations. I HATE not feeling well, so I quickly learned that I prefered to listen to my body.

Always just use your body as your guide. You CAN trust it!

Blessings,

Audrey 

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

When I was a Tree of Life last year, Gabriel Cousens noted fruits and vegetables, and melons combined with any other foods, are two combinations to watch out for.

Then I went to a Victoria Boutenko lecture, and she said fruits and veggies together are ok, as long as you don’t combine fruits with root veggies.

Anyway, on a raw food diet, each food comes with its own digestive enzymes. Also, a lot of raw food is predigested, like sprouts, soaked nuts and seeds, bee pollen, etc, which facilitates the overall digestive process.

I guess, like chilove and others above have mentioned, you can just listen to your body to see how it likes particular combinations. :)