Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dehydrator

I want to buy a small dehydrator that is not too expensive and loud. Any suggestions on where to go and a reliabl brand????? THANKS!

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Excaliber is the best, it is a little pricier, but well worth the money. You can get tham at rawfoods.com

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

I have an American Harvest Dehydrator, which is 100$ in Canada at Home Outfitters. I just didn’t want to spend that much for it. It comes with 4 trays, one teflex sheet and one plastic tray for liquidy recipes. It’s round (not square like the Excalibur). I like it, does the job.

• THANKS! This may sound funny but is it safe to leave it running while you are not home?

I usually do it, but if I’m away for the whole day no I don’t.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I prefer to leave it running during the night.

I leave mine running when I am not home, just like a crockpot. But, I am never gone that long…maybe 4 hours tops.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

My husband and I left and kept it running whole day once and we had no problem.We have a excalibur from www.therawfoodworld.com. I really like it.

• How do people not leave it running all day?? Do you work from home, or do you do everything on the weekends? I feel like so many of the recipes call for dehydrating 18 hours or more, and I work A LOT.

I often plug/unplug when I’m home/not home. Kind of like dehydrating sessions for the recipe. But then again if I’m gone for an hour or 2, I leave it running. When I’m at work I don’t leave it on. But I mostly do my recipes on the weekend.

• I have a 4 tray excalibur. I leave it running even when I’m not at home and have not had any probs.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

We use the L’Equip 6 tray. We bought it instead of the Excalibur because of an article we read about the Excalibur not keeping their true set temperature. Ours has worked really well. The drawlback is the trays are not very high, so taller items can’t be dehydrated, for example, can’t warm a bowl of soup as you can in the Excalibur. I do like that the Excalibur allows you to space out the trays vs the L’Equip has stacking trays. So, maybe we’ll invest in one in the future for that purpose. Ours cost around $99 and has temp as low as 93°F. You can find them online, Reading China and Glass stores, or call L’Equip to find dealers.

• I have the excalibur 9 tray which makes a few different recipes at the same time so it ends up saving me money and time. It was 200 dollars and I leave it running all day while I’m away. It never gets hot on the outside but I do keep it in my kitchen away from fabric or paper products.

Where did you get a 9 tray excaliber for 200!!!? My 5 tray cost more than that!

• I ordered mine online over a year ago and I can’t remember who I bought it through. I did check around and rawguru.com sells the 9 tray excalibur for 209.95 ( this doesn’t include shipping ).

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

There are great deals on Excaliburs on ebay. I got my 9-tray for $200, including shipping!