Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

hey

koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

Hey, I’m pretty new at being raw, and I’m trying to go 100% raw, I’m 17 and still in highschool and I live with a family of meat eaters…so I try to keep as many fruits and vegetables in the house as possible. My sister is understanding and she helps me sometimes with food. I think it’s amazing that there are so many recipes out there. Being Raw Vegan is an art…and you get to play with your food. I’m going to be in college next year so for my list of things I need for college I’m writting down a blender, dehydrater, and food processor. I use to be vegan and I realize that being raw was a big and nessassary step. I think it was pretty easy for me to go that way, because I wasn’t eatting a lot of proccessed food anyway..so I don’t really miss anything. Well that’s who I am…Now I want to know who you are.

~Kara

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Great to meet you Kara. Everyone at college will be well impressed with your food, I bet they’ll all be trying your concoctions. That cake looks lovely :) I’ve been raw 2 years, 100% for over a year, I’m 33, I wish I started when I was 17!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Nice to meet you Kara! What a great step towards health you are making, and at such a young age..right on! My name is Sunny and I have been raw now for almost 1 year. I started out at about 75%-90%, but am now almost 100%. (I still have a few non-raw items I am trying to get out of my pantry that the rest of my family will not eat, and I just can’t bear to throw away). I am 30 years old, my husband and I have a 13 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. I am a reiki master/teacher as well as a pediatric occupational therapist, doula, childbirth educator, and “natural parenting” coach/advocate.

• Hello,

I’m pretty new to raw foods myself. I am 28, live in the San Francisco Bay Area, no children, one stillbirth (I think due to being hypothyroid – I hope raw can help with that). My DP (dear partner) is very supportive of my new lifestyle change. He doesn’t eat a typical SAD so it’s actually pretty easy being around him with food, LOL.

For the past week I’ve been about 90% raw. Yesterday was my first day 100%.

Keep up the good work!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Hi Barose, first off, sorry for your loss. I just wanted to connect with you and let you know that I too have experienced birth loss due to my hypothyroid. I have posted a little about hypothyroid on some other strings on this site. Let me know if you have any questions or just want to talk.

Love & Light, Sunny

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Hello Kara!! When you go to college will they allow all that equipment in the dorms or are you going to be in your own apartment?

• Thanks Spritedmama, I am sorry to hear about your loss as well. I am learning more and more about hypothyroid but would love to read your info on it. Thank you so much.

Carla

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

I’m going to be in a dorm. They have a kitchen area on each floor in the dorms. So, I’ll probably keep the equiment in a storage bin in the kitchen until I need it. I know they won’t allow hot plates, because it might burn down the building. But the good thing about food processors are you can’t burn anything. I sure they will allow it.