Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The AVOCADO

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Ever since I cut nuts and seeds out of my diet, I’ve really been enjoying AVOCADO as a fat source. It’s just so…creamy and delicious and yummy, and tastes GREAT chopped up on a salad. Sometimes I get an urge to just eat an avo right out of the shell.

What are some ways you enjoy avocados?

Comments

• my favorite way is straight off the spoon haha…I also just had one in a salad with some other veggies and a good sweet tomato dressing. Avocado sushi is good…I haven’t made a raw version yet but I used to make avo rolls with the rice and nori and a little hummus in it too…so good.

• Oh, my goodness I agree! I don’t do nuts or seeds so my fat source is avocados and coconuts. (which by the way go great together) The Avocado accompanies seaweed the best, especially with a bit of spinach and escarole thrown in…yum!!! I make everything from dips, taco filling, to salad dressing! The avocado is so incredibly amazing and wonderful!!!!!!

• I ADORE guacamole, it’s so simple and such a great dip, then there’s just salting it a bit and mashing in a clove of minced garlic, it eats well in nori rolls, like lizk said, and the pudding is fabulous.

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i just had one for dinner with the inside filled with fresh salsa! simple and perfect.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Mmm…that’s a yummy idea.

• i just scoop it in a bowl and add a little salt and some sprouts and eat it right out of the bowl or in a sandwich.. but heartshapedsky has a good idea..

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

I’ve been using them as the base for creamy salad dressings… they’re really versatile and you can go in a lot of different flavor directions. Also just tried chunks of avo with chunks of mango together recently, and WOW. That was good. :o)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i have a recipe for a red guacamole. if you like fennel it’s a pretty cool twist.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I mix it with lemon juice, and whatever other seasonings I am in the mood for that day (usually include sea salt and garlic or ginger), then use it in nori rolls. Nori sheet, lettuce leaf/leaves (washed and DRIED WELL), avo mixture, sprouts. Roll up, slice and eat! I also love it in guac, cubed on salad, cut up in a bowl with sprouts, oil and sea salt – you name it!

• Avocados are awesome =) Sometimes I like to spend some time without fat intake and then I eat and avocado or two… you can feel the oils acting on your brain, is amazing =)

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Oh, gosh, avocados…love the things. I could eat them with EVERYTHING!!! I don’t lol, but I have them on salad, in dips and in sandwiches. Yep, I love my avocados :)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

MMMMMM love avocado! guacamole, on salads, in sandwiches, in raw tacos, and all by themselves. I do an avo salad, with chopped tomato, crushed garlic, minced onion, cucumber and of course avocado! It’s a nice big chunky cut salad! YUM YUM YUM.

I like the salsa inside idea! Does it get any better than this?!:)

Oh, I just remembered, I make ‘Cucado’ soup. It’s 1 English cuc, 1/2 an avo. clove of garlic crushed and some dill. Throw in the blender and blend. Very refreshing soup for a hot summer day!!

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I love my avo too.. just mashed up with sea salt, cilantro, chopped tomato, chopped red onion and some sprouts.. very yummy!

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I like them very much, just with olive oil, salt and vinegar, or in a salad. But, I don’t not why I don’t like very much mashed :-S

• If one could live of avocados, I would! That and coconuts and chocolate. I have avocados with most anything and everything, sweet or salty. Nothings beats a good guacamole. Lately I’ve been chowing down on a recipe found here. It’s avocados (with a little sprinkle of salt) and dates rolled up in a kale leaf, OMG! so simple but SO, SO good.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Sweet?! I’ve never try!! can you give me a recipe please?

• i just cut them and eat them mostly. but they are also excellent in smoothies and soups. they make the bestest chocolate milkshake and mousse!

• We adore avocados. We eat them almost daily. They are good in almost every savory meal. Funny thing is,we hardly ever ate them before going raw. Went to the store Friday and they were out, I almost cried!

They are also good sweet.

They are an amazing food!

• i love avocado in my salad or to make guacamole. I love it in any savory dish really, im not a fan or it in sweet recipes though

• Anngoingraw – One sweet that i like is 2 avocados with a 1/4 up of coconut water, half a vanilla bean (scraped seed) and some agave to sweeten to taste. It’s nice on it’s own, like vanilla pudding, but when I had it the first time it was poured over some sweet tangerines yummm!!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I love them. I had my first avo on its own with just a tiny bit of salt the other day and it was amazing. I was scared to try it like that, nut it is gorgeous and so juicy.

I do love it with some raw curried mayonnaise slathered all over it, some basil, tomato and green apple , heaven…

Great on the face too.

• This ranks at the top for ways to prepare avocados: Lemon Poppy Seed Avocado http://www.fountainofjuice.com/avocado-slices-w…

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

i LOVE avocado. it is an essential component in my salads with cucumber, tomato, sprouts, etc.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I love the Chocolate Milkshake recipe on this website. I add cashews, 1/4 of a vanilla bean, and a sprinkle of Himalayan Crystal Salt, and I’m good to go.

I made a smoothie/pudding the other day with 1/4 cup cashews (1 oz), 1/2 avocado (3 oz), 1/2 papaya (4 oz), about 1/3 large mango (4 oz), 1/4 of a vanilla bean, sprinkle of Himalayan Crystal Salt, and about 6 oz of water. Awesome! :)

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

My favorite way to have it is w/ a little celtic sea salt and a tiny squeeze of lime—right out of the shell—like ice cream! Had one tonight blended w/ spinach and herbs for Dr. Cousens’ spinach pie—nice walnut crust. MMmm.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I love the avocado even more now. Today I was craving them like MAD. I had TWO today and I easily could have eaten another one.

And to think that three weeks ago they grossed me out. HA. I was won over.

• Other than eating my avocado straight out of the skin, I LOVELOVELOVE making guacamole [4 ripe avos/1 juiced lime/1 diced tomato/half cup cilantro/quarter habenero pepper/dash celtic salt] and either eating it alone or tucking it inside a green leaf lettuce…AMAZING.

• msrawdivamsrawdiva Raw Newbie

i roll them in dried nori with sprouts and other veggies…i also eat them with a spoon. very rarely do i mix them with things because i absolutely LOVE the natural flavor of it.

• bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

1 avocado chopped, 1 ripe mango chopped, juice of 1 lime

Stir and enjoy…heaven!

• How much Avocado is to much??? I love them can live off of them!!