Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

phew! a pear to the rescue.

bittbitt Raw Newbie

it’s a big day for me. i had a rough day and felt drained. but i did not give in to my usual emotional eating traps. i usually go for chocolate, something salty, or wine. I am struggling with the wine. it is the only craving i have still. but i ate a pear and felt better. i am rewarding myself with a dinner at our local raw foods restaurant.

if I can get through this the rest will seem easy, huh?

hey, if I am tired but not hungry should I eat? I am not talking about meals but snacks? my body feels different on this food and I am not sure what it is telling me.

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

A juicy pear is alway my favorite fruit to have on hand,

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

For me, I find if something is not truly raw (like the almonds i soaked last night and made this great almond milk with), I will get immediately tired—seriously! i will have to go right to bed. It passes in 2 hours, but I’ve learned. Unsoaked nuts will do this to me as well. i’m enjoying a glass of wine right now—it’s raw, organic and sulfite free! I’m sorry. i know so many don’t drink wine for a myriad of reasons. Whatever your reasons,i admire your resolve.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Ahh…I just binged on a ton of nuts and a couple of Lara bars. Raw, but still too much. Ugh. Don’t eat if you’re not hungry. Just relax a bit. In saying, “what’s going on?!”

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

raw wine? wowie! tell me some brands.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

izhpt – i think my digestive problems today are from having 1 cup of not truly raw walnuts yesterday. I can’t think of anything else i ate that would do this. Yowsa!

bitt – a pear came to my rescue too! sweet, and cold… and so organically delicious! green/bosc/d’anjou pears are so fabulously unique. this year, i’ve had a love affair with bosc. recently, d’anjou is tempting me… that dirty little fruit : )

bitt – let me point you to an excellent discussion thread on wine. the summary is: all wine is raw. you should buy organic wine, although supposedly most wines are low pesticide or pesticide free. AND if you’re vegan, you need to look for a brand that says ‘vegan’ on the bottle. http://goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/52

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

bitt – If I’m tired, sometimes I’ll just have water, and maybe a big greens salad later. That seems to be all my exhausted body can handle sometimes. That was today, for sure. Get to know raw chocolate!