Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Are there any raw hemp protein mixes out there?

I purchased some Nutiva hemp protein powder from a raw food site. The label indicates that everything is organic but I am inclined to believe that if doesn’t state it was heated at a certain temperature you should not consider it raw.

I don’t feel well if I don’t get plenty of protein. Vegetable protein has never really done it for me. This hemp protein seems to be handling my cravings. Does anyone know where I can get a product like Nutiva that is actually raw? I love the flavors, the fact that it is organic, and the price is reasonable. I would like to find something like that without denatured enzymes if possible. Thanks.

Comments

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/P…

this is what i’ve used.

the link didn’t work, i like living harvest hemp protein powder. google “living harvest.”

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I just went to both the Nutiva and Living Harvest websites and they both say their protein powders are cold=pressed and cold=milled. Yay.

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

awesome! and it’s yummy!

• Meditating, You can check out http://www.rawpower.com Raw Power 100% RAW organic protein superfood blends. Plain, Vanilla, Green & Chocolate.

Nutiva’s Hemp Protein is 100% Raw, The other Nutiva flavors are Amazon Acai 82% RAW, Berry Pomegranate 57% RAW, Organic Chocolate 52% RAW

I sell both of these brands in Canada. This is the information from the packages.

• i use the raw power, mainly because it tastes better and has beter texture than the straight hemp protein (it has brazil nut protein as well.) it also has maca & goji berries for additional tastiness.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

This topic really intrigues me because I find that I need more protein than others perhaps. And I’ve read oodles on the protein issue. Honestly it always comes down to the individual. I eat lots of greens but found that my muscle tone was not as it should be. Here is what I’ve been playing around with and I’m beginning to see good results. More stamina, better muscle tone less mushie on the hips! ;o)

Almond milk or Hempmilk Smoothies made with 1 cup milk, 1 T maca and/or , 1 T hemp hearts, 1 cup ice, stevia to sweeten and odd spices if desired like raw cocoa, cinnamon, cardomom, chili powder, chai spice etc… (or in lieu of the hemp hearts sometimes 1-2 T Nutiva hemp protein. i don’t honestly love the Nutiva but the Raw Power powder made be barf violently for 5 hours the other day. no lie. and I never get sick like that! My youngest daughter freaked ( she’s 7) cause she was stuck in the car with me as I pulled over twice to hurl on the side of the road !!!!) Sometimes I might add in some gogi berries too for their protein. These smoothies are filling but not heavy and provide digestible, utilized protein and lots of other good stuff.

I’m not normally one to push the so called superfoods ie, maca, gogi, hemp but after mucho reseach they came off as the best lower fat vegetarian protein, amino acid, mineral options when compared to other nut/seed/sugar combos.

Cheers!

• I add bee pollen and chia seeds to my smoothies. I think that adds a lot of protein too.

• whoa, vomit? i’ve definitely never vomited from raw power and i eat it all the time. weird. you’re not allergic to brazil nuts, are you?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Hemp seeds/powder has the most usable protein out of all the vegetables. It is a also a superior source of amino acids, minerals (a really long list) and healthy fats. You can’t go wrong with it.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Do you know what? I think it was the brazil nuts. I never eat them otherwise. Cashews cause problems too. So it probably was the brazil nuts. Yowza.