awesome books: Ringing Cedars of Russia

Ok, i’m going to recommend a series of books here because I know that you raw foodies are probably open-minded enough to read them. They are the “Ringing Cedars of Russia” books, by Vladimir Megre.

This series tells the supposedly-true story of a man (the author) who, during business travels in rural Russia, comes across an extra-ordinary woman living in the forest. She teaches the traveller about all sorts of ancient wisdom, knowledge, and especially about how to live in harmony with nature. the books are really “out there”!! I warn you all that you might have to put aside logic in order to get through them- they are quite fantastical. But i assure you, it is worth it, even if you only read one book out of the 6. True or not, the ideas and values put forth in the books are wonderful. They will definitely get you feeling all warm and fuzzy about nature in no time, and isn’t that part of what raw-food is about?

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I just got my copy of the 2 book in the series. I read the first book Anastasia and I can’t wait to start the second one. Anastasia is so cool. I couldn’t believe she lives in the Russian forest and doesn’t get cold. She has no house and she gets the animals to get her warm. How cool! Who knows if she is really real or not but I love the idea of her.

It is actually referred to as the Anastasia series more often than the Ringing Cedars books.

The cover art on the books is really pretty too. :)

• Cool, i’m glad you are familiar with the books! I’m always a bit surprised that there are other people out there who have read them because they are a bit obscure. I was introduced to them by my fiance, who grew up in Russia. I have read the first 4 books, and my mom has my copies of the rest. I hope to get them back from her so that I can continue reading!

• Thank you for bringing this series of books up, Kayo!

I became intrigued after reading about them from your post quite a while ago and finally got around to ordering the whole series... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! I am on book 7 now~ don't want to stop reading each book!! The first half of book 2 was slow for me, then it picked up and every single other one has been just amazing, inspiring, and uplifting! Can't say enough how wonderful these books are~ and SO cool to see how transformational they seem to be to those who have read them (after Googling key words from the books) and are incorporating some of her advice inot practice like on gardening and communities! Her advice on raising children, breastfeeding, and cjildren's education are quite fascinating and inspiring! And it is also really col to me, to see how what she says about the power of thougts coincides with what Dr. Bruce Lipton ("Biology of Belief") and Greg Braden are saying (and, no doubt, others out there, too)~ just cool to see what she says begin proven now! SO happy to have the gift of being able to read these books! Thank you, again. Kayo and Queenfluff!! :D

• Shanefalk DeletedShanefalk Deleted Raw Newbie
    edited February 27

The "Ringing Cedars of Russia" series sounds fascinating, even if it's a bit out there. Sometimes stepping out of the realm of logic can lead to some of the most enlightening experiences, right? I'm actually new to this forum, so I appreciate stumbling upon such intriguing suggestions. It's funny you mention feeling warm and fuzzy about nature; I've been on a bit of a nature kick lately, trying to connect more with the world around me. And hey, speaking of books, have you ever delved into the game of thrones books? They're another series I've been eyeing for a while, but I've yet to take the plunge. I hear they're quite the journey!