Another question, I know, sorry...

Okay. Would a coffee grinder work well for blending ingredients in small amounts? When I make food, it’s only for myself, so I usually have to modify a lot of the recipes I see to make them serving size appropriate… my blender isn’t the best quality, so whenever I’ve tried blending things in smaller portions, most of the vegetables (or whatever) don’t blend all the way, and I’m left with huge chunks (that are too small for the blade to blend). So I was wondering if a coffee grinder would help me blend things; would I be able to make dips and nut butters and sauces, etc, with a coffee grinder?

Thanks to all! Sorry about all the posts… just trying to learn, ha…

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Are talking about liquid stuff? than no.

Coffee grinder only for dry things and small things at that – like grains, seeds, cacao.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Also, if you have used your coffee grinder to grind coffee, whatever you put in there will take on some coffee flavor.

• No, not liquid stuff. I could still use my blender for things like smoothies… what I was hoping for in the coffee grinder would be something that could blend together small amounts of ingredients… like nuts for butter, vegetables for dips/sauces, et cetera. So, most of the things I’d put in there would be solid foods. I just need some thing that will make things into a more adequate puree…

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

rawbeginner~ Ask away… it’s great! You can also find some great information by clicking on the Forum tab. Then, enter a keyword(s), like “neti pot” in the Search box on the upper right side of the page under where it says View Recent Posts. Click the Search button and up comes some great discussions on that topic.

• yes..you can..i use coffee grinder to make ginger garlic paste..once i even used it to make walnut butter…

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

no need to be sorry! everyone here LOVES to give advice it seems =) (including me)

coffee grinders are amazing for grinding dry nuts and seeds, especially flax, but not for veggies because it would be impossible to clean it!

have you ever heard of the magic bullet? this was my savior for making raw dishes when i went raw last summer. it’s a perfect single portion size and it blends like no one’s business. sauces, dressings, marinades, smoothies, pudding, frozen desserts… i think you can get them online or at costco… i got mine a while back.