Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Alternative to Popsicle Molds

I am going to make some raw popsicles for my friend and I tonight. But no popsicle molds? Help?

Comments

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

You could use small cups. I’ve done that before with real popsicles. It works pretty well. hope this helps :)

• I’m not going to try for being “helpful” here-just encouraging! :) Those sound really yummy! What ideas do you guys have for what to make them with?

• I use ice cube trays with plastic wrap over and toothpicks as sticks. They stay in place because of the plastic wrap. :)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Thank you! Superkat, I took some cone-shaped small cups and am going to use them for the popsicles. Thanks for that suggestion.

Tiger lily, I am going to make a tropical fruit swirl popsicles. The yello swirl will be of mangoes and maybe pineapple, although when you blend pineapple it kind of is too juicy. If I had green grapes I would use those too, but they are not being sold at my grocery store right now. Weird, I can’t even get grapes these days. The red swirl will be of frozen strawberries (don’t have fresh ones, they are not ripe and look sour).

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

My next challenge is to find something like popsicle sticks…........

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

use dixie cups. You know the little paper cups people use in the bath room when brushing their teeth and such? you can buy poscicle sticks from craft stores, I don’t know if they are food safe though. Or you could use cocktail sticks. Or maybe bamboo skewers! Good luck!

• you can just put spoons or knives in as posicle sticks, if you don’t have anything closer… plastic would probably work better than metal, but whatever.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I use the popscicle sticks from the craft store – never died yet :) heehee (I didn’t recommend that, though!)

Tiger lily – As for what to make them from, I make smoothies – berries, peaches, whatever, with a little agave to make it slightly sweeter – and freeze them. Someone said they taste similar to Dole whole fruit bars.