Proud of me :o)

jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

I was in a hurry on my lunch hour today and stopped by the health food store for one of their delicious ready-made salads… only they were all gone except for the one with chicken and bleu cheese in it. Ordinarily I would’ve grabbed it and just not eaten the chicken & tried to get as much of the bleu cheese out as I could (or eaten it anyway and felt lousy about it later), but today I just couldn’t do it. Not only was there the price consideration (8 bucks for a salad I’m gonna throw half of away? Uh. No.) but I also felt guilty for wasting food someone else might really enjoy, and I really really wanted some fresh, raw greens. I am green CRAZY lately! Heh… So I went into the produce section and got some salad mix greens, a carrot, an avocado, an apple and a sprouted bean mix with garbanzos, adzukis, lentils & peas and a kombucha drink, spent less than I would’ve on the packaged salad, and now I’m back at work (online! eek, don’t tell) eating a delicious salad and feeling all smug and proud of myself. Heehee! ;o)

Comments

• Good job, jenergy! I can not help feeling very happy and proud for you, too :)

• thats good thinking! it isnt ok to waste food. in my book i think it is a slap in gods face that a person is able to get this great food and then toss it?? no! you did good and probly had more energy,jenergy :) and also made at least 2 of us here feel good reading about it. see how good deeds echoe through the universe

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Yeah! There is nothing better than the produce isle for a quick meal! Raw food is the ULTIMATE “fast food”. Great job!

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Good for you!!!!! That is wonderful to hear!