Essential Oils & Candida

deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Has anybody used these to clear candida from the bowel? I was OK for quite a while but recently indulged in sugar while the progesterone was peaking and whammo! Candida strikes again! I plan to cut all sugar from the diet for a couple of weeks but would like to be sure the bowel overgrowth is under control. I will be drinking lots of green juice to realkalinize, so that should also help make it harder for overgrowth to continue. I know oregano oil and tea tree oil are supposed to be good but does anyone have a successful regimen they follow? Thanks for any and all input!

Comments

• sugar and progesterone levels go hand in hand with candida? that is curious, I’d love to know more about that! how do you know if your bowels have an overgrowth? I know things like pau d’arco, garlic, caprylic acid, grapefruit seed extract, and colonics would be helpful, probiotics too!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

deborahann – I’ve tried all kinds of things – cutting out all sugar for a month which made me miserable, drinking pau d’arco tea, which I will continue to do, but I have been taking oregano oil daily for a couple of weeks. I had the usual brain fog and fatigue in the beginning as I always do when I tackle candida but it’s passed now so I’m hoping it’s doing it’s thing. I take the tincture 3 times a day.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Thanks, I will pick up the oregano tincture. I wasn’t sure of the way to use the essential oil, only that you could. I also drink Pau’Darco everyday and use healthforce nutritional earth and vitamineral green (both contain probiotics). I sometimes also take a probiotic beadlet. I monitor my pH frequently and am alkaline most of the time and that is supposed to help, too.

hkittykitty, eating sugar (any form) makes one more acidic which is the environment the yeast likes. In my younger years, when I was a SAD eater and ate lots of sweets, I would get a yeast infection every month towards the end of my cycle. I discussed this with the obgyn and he told me many of his pregnant patients had issues with yeast infections due to the high progesterone. Also, if you are regularly dealing with yeast anywhere in/on your body, you probably have a bowel overgrowth also. I have been high raw to 100% since the new year but I have slipped a few times and when I do, it is really bad stuff! I get horrible cravings as detox, but they are slowly getting less intense. Hopefully this will give me 1 more reason to stay raw as I feel SOOO much better an more energetic when I do!