Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

10 day master cleanse

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

SABRINA - the salt water flush is hell. I only did it once during my initial cleanse. I have been lucky in that, despite my health issues, having a bowel movement regularly (3-5 times daily) has not been a problem so I didn’t need the tea or another flush. I am glad this passed for you after you drank some maple sugar water.

I am no RN but are you drinking enough of the lemonade during the day? What you described (dizzy, light-headed) is similar to how people can feel when their electrolytes are off and they are dehydrated. I drank at least a gallon of the MC lemonade daily during a full cleanse. If you are also flushing, you are eliminating fluids in addition to what you are taking in. I suspect you may need to increase your intake of MC lemonade,

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

thanks for the advice. i drink 6 really tall glasses of the lemonade and plenty plain water..i will increase it if these feelings will come back..thanks… i forgot to add that i had some very stupid and scary dreams last night…some scary about my kids which i (thank god) dont remember and the stupid one..everyone ready to laugh…about ryan seacrest…extremly funny to me since i havent watched Idol in years and he is not popular in germany anyway..lol..i was dreaming i was shooting a movie and he was acting in it…mhhh…lol

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Sabrina~ Hey I just finished reading and taking notes on the master cleanse and salt flush… Unless I misread and mis-recorded it, the measurement is… 1 quart water and 2 teaspoons salt not 4… If you used 4 teaspoons that is why you had such a reaction… I drank the mixture without problems an hour ago… Your levels are all messed up with the extra salt and extra sugar… Start all over again tomorrow and increase you intake of the lemonade… That recipe is 10 oz of med hot water with 2 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice (about 1/2) and 2 tablespoons genuine Maple syrup of grade C and 1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper… Drink 6-12 ten oz glasses per day… Is this the same recipe you have???

waterbaby..i did the flush a day before and nothing happenend..i just had a reular poop but no flush or liquid coming out which should be the case to clean the inside..so i read that if that was not doing it for you you have to increase the salt amount..and i did..i was about 3.5 tbsp and i even added a little bit more water…but i am sure it has some to do with my reaction. I drink my lemonade ice cold, i like it better that way and it does not give me any problems and i am not even hungry or feel like i am starving..i am extremly surprised about that. I use the same recipe…just cold, i did some reseach on the internet about that and found quiet alot of people who cant drink it warm just like myself..yikes I feel perefctly fine after i was up the hill again yesterday…

oh..one more question…am i suppose to still poop now?..is it possible after “everything” came out yesterday?..how are you suppsoe to poop on the MC?..thanks

• On DAY 2 and I feel really good…hardly hungry at all. It isn’t as bad as I thought. Of course, I’m only on day 2.

Question: What kind of salt did you use for the salt flush?

i used un-iodized sea salt…..

• I was always under the impression that large amounts of salt are bad for your body.

• Hi Sabrina1979 :) I’ve done the MC twice so far( I’ll do another come late fall.) The point of the salt water flush is to clean out your system. (graphic) It’s like running water through a dirty hose, you need several washes to get it clean. Basically, you don’t want any food matter left in your body to ferment and rot. It is unpleasant, and my measurements in order to get the “flush” tend towards more salt, other wise nothing happens. I highly suggest drinking the laxative tea the night before to get things loose.

emmie21 :) The salt to water ratio is supposed to be just right so that you absorb neither the salt nor the water. (Though I’m sure the body does a bit of both.) Hope this helps. Best of luck to all doing the MC!

Blessings!

ok first of all….holy crap..i think i accidently took tabelspoon size instead of teaspoon…arent you suppose to use 2 teaspoons!!!!...if so than that would be the reason for the hell trip yesterday..not only did i used tablespoon ..i used 3.5 of them…oh my god..and that was the reason my throat was burning..PEOPLE..whatch you massurments..i am a hobby cook and the food network logo is burned in our flat screen tv (no joke) and i NEVER had wrong messurments…till now…when i threw up the 3rd time yesterday..first 2 times was clear and the last one was slightly red-ish and i thought it was from the maple syrup..no i think it was blood…man..i dont want to think about it anymore… i will drink lots oflaxative teas now and see if it helps…. thanks orchid

• can I do a salt flush even if I am not currently on the mc?

Back in my grandmother’s day, people did salt flushes for colon maintenance except they used epsom salts, which is what I used when I did the MC. This way you absorb magnesium and it has beneficial anti-inflammatory properties as well. I use the formula that is part of the liver/gallbladder flush you can find all over the web.

Yes it is like running water through a dirty hose. You know that sprayer that goes on the end of a hose so you can adjust it so the water sprays wide open. It’s just like that. If you haven’t had plentiful bowel movements, you might experience flu-like symptoms the first 24 hours afterward. Sometimes when you flush you may have older fecal matter built up in layers on your colon walls. If you loosen this material, there may be bacteria underneath that you have to deal with and it can leave you feeling sick for a day.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

lol, WOW, after reading all these descriptive comments, I’m not sure if I want to try this now! D:

• where does one get the oflaxative tea to drink the local health food store?

emmie21..I got my tea at whole foods. today is day 4 and i feel great..tea is working and i am still pooping although i havent eat anything in 3 days…amazing but not pleasant whats coming out. I dont feel hungry and even cruising through walmart with my family last night did not bother me at all. My husband is a great supporter and is not eating dinner..lol..he has a nice lunch at work and at night he just eats some cerial and dont want me to cook anything for him…i would not mind but it helps. I had some headaches last night but they went away this morning

• I’m on day 3 and it’s super easy today…the first two days were the hardest. I love it! I’m barely getting hungry and I see all these little detox symtoms…white tongue, sore throat for about the first two days, fuzzy teeth…it’s kind of fun…I’m actually enjoying this. Today I’m going to be doing the salt flush, in the afternoon, we’ll see how that goes. :0)

man..i just realized i have to cut my MC short..because day 9 we are flying to mys sisters wedding to san diego and day 10 is rehearsal (or however u say that..lol) dinner…not that i want to eat crap again..but i dont think i can make it to sand diego with my whole family..not being able to take my drink on board and buying new stuff as soon as i get there. So i prob will stop at day 7, have the orange juice break at day 8 and day 9 the day of our flight..yeah heck..how do i get veggie soup than..we leave early in the morning..i gotta find some solution…maybe i do a smoothie in the morning..i just dont want to get all weak traveling with 2 kids and a crapload of luggage, carseats and strollers..

• let me know how that goes princess…I talked to my mom about starting this and we both agreed that it will be good for me especially with all the meds I’m always taking. I think I will start after the holiday week end.

• I have a slight headache today…I’m going to do the salt flush tomorrow morning, because you’re supposed to do it on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning…so I’ll do it tomorrow.

I’m going to do an Epsom salt bath tonight (which helps eliminate and draw out toxins). Due to rainy and dark weather here, it’ll be nice.

Sabrina~ I hope it all goes well. 7 days is still a long time, you go girl!

• How’s everyone doing on their cleanses??? I’m really enjoying it. I did Pilates this afternoon for excersise and was busy, busy all day. It really helps to be busy. If anyone wants to keep up with this adventure you can check out my blog at

www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

skyprincess….i am doing great..iam still surprised about that..lol..only thing i noticed today is how terribel my tongue looks…i think part of it is having so much acid lemon juice…its all yellow and..well i am not going any further….it def helps to stay busy..which is not hard for me with 2 little boys..i think i m most amazed about that i dont have real hunger and that i dont feel like i am starving..usually if i dont eat anything i get dizzy and weak and all shaky but not one single time in the last 4 days…everywhere i go i take a “dose” of the mixture with me, even to th emovies with my friend this afternoon..while she snacked on popcorn and chocolate covered raisins (YUMM) next to me i drank my lemon water…its not that hard and it feels good if people tell you..man i couldnt do that…

Hey, are you guys losing weight on the master cleanse? I’m wondering if it’ll help me get off these last 7 or so pounds I’m trying to get rid of.

Sky Princess, I just wanted to say I really like your blog! I can’t wait till I get a dehydrator so I can try the recipe for dilly kale chips! :D

Oh yeah, and ALSO… do you use dried, ground cayenne in the little spice shaker bottle or the fresh cayenne peppers? and do you JUICE the lemons or just squeeze them? (does it matter?)

i heard that you gain back around half of the weight you lose…today is day 4 and i lost 8.8 pounds..i just checked..the weight is not THAT important to me but i really can use the positive side effect..my last son was 9 pound 11 oz and I weighed 202 pounds the day before i delivered (11 months ago) now i weigh in at 140 and have a few more to go or should i say..the wobble has to get tight again..hehe

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Hey, I just wanted to say to everyone doing the cleanse….never quit it, no matter how bad you feel. It is all worth it in the end. When you get past those 10 days, it’s the best feeling ever! I’ve done 2 and I don’t regret it. It wasn’t as hard as i thought either. If you get past the first couple days, it is really pretty doable. You do feel bad sometimes, but I didn’t find it that bad. The SWF sucked really bad though. I also don’t think that you gain back the weight. I never did until I started binging one day and that sort of put on a couple pounds. But while I ate sensibly I didn’t gain any weight. Oh, sabrina, the tounge thing, that’s all the toxins coming out. It is supposed to look pretty nasty. Mine was all white covered and gross.

superkat i read up on the tongue thing…lol..it worried me a little at first,but its just like you said…my tongue is white/yellow coverd and you can hardly see and pink but the very tip..yikes…we’ll see how long it will take to clear up

SABRINA - That means it is really working. When I was doing a full MC cleanse, I would wake up and feel like someone installed carpet on my tounge and my teeth felt like they had on little sweaters. It was awful. I would brush my teeth before I would even pee in the morning it creeped me out so badly.

• Rachel_akkiko Glad you like my blog…I have fun doing it. I have lost 7 pounds in 2 days…I use the dried, ground, powdered cayenne…it’s an organic spice. I just use a little citrus juicer, you know, the kind you hand squeeze. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Superkat92 That’s encouraging…I don’t want to gain back the weight…I’m doing the salt flush tomorrow morning. I feel really good so far and tomorrow is Day 4.

Meditating~ That’s too funny…I was just thinking of how the last two days I’ve had little fuzzies on my teeth. That’s so weird…Like you, I hate that feeling. Little sweaters aren’t pleasant, my teeth aren’t the least bit cold.

meditating..thats too funny with the sweater thing..lol..but true..my back teeth feel like made out of wool and YES brushing teeth is ther very first thing on my list in the morning and even sometimes during the day now because that lemon taste gets funny after a while

• Day 4…currently I’m drinking the salt water…not enjoying it…that’s why I’m here crusing all the raw/health/recipe sites…trying to distract myself while I drink a whole quart of the stuff. Can’t wait till I’m done it. :)