What's up with my respiratory system?

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I have released more snot and mucus in the last four days then in the past few years. I am constantly sniffling and blowing my nose – it’s getting raw. It’s kinda cool in Massachusetts lately for spring, so I wasn’t sure if it was allergies, considering that I’ve never had allergies like this before. I also always have a frog in my throat, probably because of the mucus. I am wondering if it’s detox, because it’s not exactly going away. I went through a healing crises last week, and that’s when this initially started – right as I got a severely sore throat, splitting headache, dizziness, weakness, the works. Now the perpetual mucus ball in my face. I don’t know why I’m posting this; just wondering if these symptoms have occurred to any other raw people. I’m going on six months raw.

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Yes I had the very same thing happen… My advise is to use a netipot for a saline rinse and NEVER NEVER snif… I learned a couple yrs ago that sniffing helps to lock the mucus in the sinus causing more swelling and more mucus… Also it helps the massage the area around your eyes and nose… If you find a spot that is especially sore, then really concentrate on it and shortly you will notice the mucus will release and blow both nostrils at the same time… That one is really hard for me… After I finally rid myself of all the drainage I have been amazed at how clearly I can breath… Then about a week or so later, out of the blue, I had to blow a hugh mucus plug from one side and two days later the other side did the same… No mucus since!!! I believe it was a healing crisis as I have had sinus problems for over 50 yrs…

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

is it allergies? ‘tis the season for it.