Type-1 Diabetes

A friend of mine has 7yo twins who were just recently diagnosed with Type-1 Diabetes. I understand that this type is caused by genetics, problems with your immune system, and your enivironment. If you have Type 1 Diabetes, you have no beta cells in your pancreas because your immune system has made a mistake and destroyed them.

I know on page 78 in Gabriel Cousens’ book “There is a Cure for Diabetes” he writes….

“Type-1 diabetes is rising alarmingly worldwide, at a rate of 3 percent per year. Some 70,000 children age 14 and under develop Type-1 diabetes annually.”

I have made them some raw dishes to sample. So, they knew raw food was not just salads. That it could be a lot of fun and tastes really, really great! They were amazed! I gave them my copy of “There is a Cure for Diabetes”.

I am not expecting anything. Just sharing information with friends. However, they are interested in learning more.

But I really only know a small part about diabetes. I know even less about diabetes and raw. Does anyone have any information, books, or links they could share/recommend??? Can a raw diet cure type-1 diabetes? Most things I have found speak about a raw diet and type-2 diabetes. Any information, suggestions, books, or links are welcome.

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Sergei Boutenko was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 9, and was cured through raw food and exercise. His case is extremely rare, but it shows it can be done. His mom is Victoria Boutenko, author of Raw Family and Green For Life. Sergei & his sister, Valya, have recently published a raw food book: Fresh. I have only read Raw Family, which tells the story of how their family going raw. Dr. Cousens’ book says that niacin supplementation within the first 5 years after diagnosis has been shown to slow down & even reverse type 1 diabetes. He also says that the herb gymnema sylvestre has been shown to regenerate the beta cells of the pancreas. I have been eating high raw for almost 3 years, except for a couple of times going back to a lot of cooked foods. When I eat high raw, I need only about 1/3 the amount of insulin as before or when going back to cooked foods, even if they are healthy cooked foods. I believe it can be cured. Kevin Trudeau recommends a product called Diamaxol (look it up on the internet) and although I haven’t read it, someone said he has had about 60% success with type 1 diabetes when people follow the recommendations in his book (very overwhelming when you read it, but any improvement can only help). Emotionally, autoimmune diseases (which type 1 diabetes is) can have to do with feeling you don’t deserve to be alive, self hate, self-punishment, attacking the self – and diabetes has to do with not being able to receive joy, or feeling there is no sweetness left in life. It can be helpful to see if any of those issues are present and work through them as part of healing.

Sergei Boutenko was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 9, and was cured through raw food and exercise. His case is extremely rare, but it shows it can be done. His mom is Victoria Boutenko, author of Raw Family and Green For Life. Sergei & his sister, Valya, have recently published a raw food book: Fresh. I have only read Raw Family, which tells the story of how their family going raw. Dr. Cousens’ book says that niacin supplementation within the first 5 years after diagnosis has been shown to slow down & even reverse type 1 diabetes. He also says that the herb gymnema sylvestre has been shown to regenerate the beta cells of the pancreas. I have been eating high raw for almost 3 years, except for a couple of times going back to a lot of cooked foods. When I eat high raw, I need only about 1/3 the amount of insulin as before or when going back to cooked foods, even if they are healthy cooked foods. I believe it can be cured. Kevin Trudeau recommends a product called Diamaxol (look it up on the internet) and although I haven’t read it, someone said he has had about 60% success with type 1 diabetes when people follow the recommendations in his book (very overwhelming when you read it, but any improvement can only help). Emotionally, autoimmune diseases (which type 1 diabetes is) can have to do with feeling you don’t deserve to be alive, self hate, self-punishment, attacking the self – and diabetes has to do with not being able to receive joy, or feeling there is no sweetness left in life. It can be helpful to see if any of those issues are present and work through them as part of healing.

• Aahhh. Thank you – Angie!!!

I thought of Sergei, but thought it was type-2 he was diagnoised with. Thanks so much for the information. I will pull out my Boutenko books. I have read “Raw Family”, but that was about a year ago or so. I am going to share all of your information with my friends. Thanks!!!

I am sorry to say, for right now, I consider myself diabetes illiterate. However, I really do want to change that in the near future. Just so I am able to share info. on the effects of eating raw for diabetes, cancer, and more.

Angie – Once again, Thanks!!!

You’re welcome! I know what you mean – there are some illnesses/diseases that I know little or nothing about, so I’m glad I could help you with this one!