Cleanses?

I am new to the idea of raw foodism, so I’m doing some research. I’ve read about so many different cleases: liver, colon, blood, intestinal, etc. I asked my massage therapist which of these I should do before starting a raw food way of life, and she said that eating a raw diet was cleansing enough by itself. Is it better to do some sort of cleanse, or is it unnecessary? I would appreciate any input on this matter.

Comments

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Well, eating raw foods IS pretty cleansing in itself, but if you want to take it a step further, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with doing cleanses. They also give your body a break from digesting heavier foods like nuts :D

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

for me, just going raw was enough of an adventure. plus, having done a cleanse, it wasn’t exactly an elating experience, and i think if i thought THAT was raw, i wouldn’t have done it. knowing what it feels like to be raw gives me more motivation to cleanse…

good luck!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

oh, oh,

PLUS, i think to start i wouldn’t have wanted to do something that was simply “good for me” but not that fun. whereas all the “fun” raw things you can eat coming off of a cooked diet are really a treat! i was having raw cake for dinner, raw pina colodas, curries, amazing salads…

for me, it established raw food as something that was going to be a PARTY, not a prison.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

from what I have researched going raw is recommended before many cleanses. actually you do not want to cleanse too fast because the toxins might get re-absorbed. so actually, eat raw first, then if you want to cleanse after being raw for awhile your body will be a better shape to handle it.

• Thanks everyone for the info. Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. By the way, it’s great to be here, and I hope I hear from you all again! I think I will try a cleanse at some point, but not now. I want to just get used to eating raw foods in general, and maybe try out different recipes. Have some fun with it, you know. I have done cleanses before and they’ve been helpful. Thanks again!