A cup..?

clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Hi everyone,

Am in my 2nd month of Raw and loving it, but finding reciepes a challenge as I dont know where to get a ‘cup’ from! I have a measuring jug with american ‘cup’ fluid measurements on it but thats about 2 pints!! That cant be right?? I went into a cookshop and they didnt know what I meant and tried to sell me a measuring jug. I googled it and again came up with american fluid measurments.. Can anyone help? I keep having to gues reciepes and thats not ideal… Anyone know a shop or website where I can get the right kind of ‘cup’.?? Thanks!

Comments

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Where do you live? In the UK you can get cup measures in some shops. I saw a nice set in T.J. Hughes not long ago that also had tablespoons etc at the other ends of each handle. Good Luck!

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I am UK, I live in Bucks – Do I recognise you from the Purely Raw website? If so, looks fab and really want to order some of your goodies soon (apologies if not Thanks for your help!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Hey cir-1976,

Yep, thats me! Zoe is here on GoneRaw all the time as well. It’s nice to hear from you. Welcome!

Lovebows, Chris

• FeeFee Raw Master

Hi clr-1976 I have a set of measuring cups, but I can’t remember where I got them from, but they are similar to these ones on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Faringdon-Stainless-Ste…=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1214397836&sr=8-1

Dont get plastic ones – a) for the toxins but b) cos they can split and then all the water pours out of them!!! (Guess how I know that one!)

In the mean time one cup is 250ml/240ml so you can use your jug and a tablespoon until you get some. Good kitchen shops normally have them but maybe yours was the exception.

Good luck finding some. Fee

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

You can get them from supermarkets, and markets. I used to use mugs and tea cups, then I realised, hmmm that’s why nothing tastes good!!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

1 cup = 8 ounces. Do they use ounces over there?

• FeeFee Raw Master

Hi clr-1976 I went to Asda yesterday and they have measuring cups for 80p!! They are plastic but a good thick plastic so they might be worht getting unitl you find a decetn set. I nearly bought a set for backup. Hope this helps. Fee