Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

100% raw for 30 days...whose in with me???

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

I am going to do this starting Wednesday. I am almost there, about 90% or so, but want to see what difference 100% makes, if any. Last week, I was away from home and ate a bit of cooked foods, and I want to get back to raw with a vengeance...:) So starting Wednesday, I am going 100% raw for a month..no tea….no bites of the boys’ rice and beans, no tall corona on Saturday night…..

Who wants to go 100% raw for one month with me…and who knows..maybe longer??

I have created a blog where I will post daily experiences on raw, and you can post in the comments section. Come on over and sign in!!!! http://doingtherawthing.blogspot.com/

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I’ve been raw for 2+ years. 100% is the best. I recently had a bad slip due to vacation & a massive candida overgrowth. I am detoxing that now and staying 100%. I’m with you or I’ll be dead in 10 years. Sounds kind of crazy, I know, but I’ve been raw long enough to know. I can no longer eat ANY cooked food.I felt that sick. If I disappear, I’m not dead :)—just get frustrated with the slow site sometimes and I don’t log on.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I’m celebrating my 1 year anniversary of being raw by going 100%!! I give Zoe and Chris all the credit for inspiring me and the nice thing is, I feel like I’m starting all over with fresh enthusiasm and curiosity. I’m not shopping with blinders anymore hoping that something is raw and not really checking into it, I’m emailing companies!! It’s been a week and so far so good, I think high raw for a year set me up well.

nycgrrl – you had your corona, I had my weekly coffee, don’t miss it yet.

lzhpt – your comment about how cooked food affects you scares me a little. I’ve been reading Matt Monarch’s blog about how the more raw you are the more toxins affect you. It’s the first negative I’ve read about being 100% and totally confused me so I just ordered one of his books.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

lzhpt—I am glad you’re in!! And amysue, I hope you come by the challenge and post how things are going. I am SO up for this. I ate some of my boys’ quinoa and tofu tonight—really just a bite, and my stomach feels all weird and bloated. So i am ready for this!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

me! I am having a rough day today. My husband asked me to buy chips at the store. He grudgingly finally put them away. Anyway, my willpower is not at its highest right now. So I need to be motivated!

amysue, I think you will get it more once you read Matt’s book. Don’t take everything you read as 100% truth either. :-)

yea bitt-so glad you’re in. It will be so wonderful to have all the support here in one spot. We can do it!!!!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

So far whenever I crave anything my solution has been to make raw berry cobbler. it’s delicious and it’s working so far.

what’s the recipe?? sounds delish! Okay, one more day til the challenge begins!

my main challenges will be to 1. sleep enough (whenever i sleep poorly i want tea!) 2. not put myself in stressful situations.

Can everyone share what they think their main challenge will be?

For me, it’s keeping everyone else happy. Not holding my family back from eating out because there’s nothing for me to eat at the restaurant, not wanting to be a pain at friend’s houses. So it’s not about willpower, it’s about the social aspect, which was never a problem when I was high raw. I ate cooked if I needed to and didn’t think twice about it. We’re going to a small wedding this week and I’m praying there’s going to be a buffet. I’m fine not eating at all and keeping some food in the car, but I would feel terrible if a plate of food was put in front of me that was cooked because I’m either going to look like a jerk for not eating it or feel disappointed because I have to eat it. I did give the bride the heads up but haven’t heard back.

so are you ladies psyched? I am! and a whole foods is opening tomorrow right near my house—i thought it wouldn’t be open for ages….it’s a SIGN :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Main challenge: When I am out, for sure. Not fainting from lack of food.

I plan to post the cobbler right now!

have lots of bananas with you—i never leave home without 3 or 4!

today is day 1!! anyone else joining in?

Just posted my day 1 experience: http://doingtherawthing.blogspot.com

come over and post yours!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

tried to post but I don’t have an account so I can’t. so here’s what I wrote:

Thanks for your post and the info on fat. Very interesting. I will post my food today: green smoothie! raw cherry cobbler broccoli with seed cheese mango smoothie (small) raw coconut curry with veggies slice of melon raw cobbler

tomorrow I go berry and veggie picking!!!!

• Can I join in? I”m a little late to the party! I’ve been having trouble accessing the site.

My daughter and her partner are arriving today. They’re road-tripping from California. I’m nervous, because when I attended her graduation last month I went WILD and I mean WILD on SAD food! Help! I know they want to go out to eat a lot here and enjoy all the northern New Mexican foods. They both know I am Raw, but they don’t quite “get” it.

Any ideas for this week-long mine field?

xo! Birdie

of course little birdie—come on in!! visit the blog and say hi.

bitt: isn’t the fat article interesting? anyway, I definitely ate more veggie fat than i wanted yesterday, but the article makes me feel better! Did you post your raw cobbler?

• Yahooo! People who are on board : ) I just started 100% last Sat so I am on day 6. I am sooo excited. I have been trying to go 100% since May. This is the best I’ve done so far. For little birdie – try making raw fruit bars. Brendan Brazier has a bunch of recipes in his book and I am about to try them out. I am going to Scotland next week where everything is meat, fish and potatoes. IN order to prepare I am going to make two diff kinds of raw bars and some raw nut burgers and dressing. Good luck everyone! Newf

lisa-that’s very inspiring! I have brendan’s book too-I really like it—but haven’t tried his raw bars yet.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Hmmm, little birdie I suggest you uncook at home and then have them go out to eat a bit on their own. or find some placed you can get a great salad. If you do uncook, i would suggest the chili recipe. mmmm. Oh and tell them what you are trying to do and hopefully they will support you.

bitt – I LOVE your new picture, it’s perfect. I thought of you when I went shopping today, I had printed the cobbler recipe last night and at the health food store there were big bags of beautiful organic cherries!! Also Matt Monarch’s book arrived and I think I got two very nice emails from him for ordering.

I have to say, the customer service I’ve been getting from raw websites lately is amazing. I’ve been emailing to find out whose products are REALLY raw like Zoe and Chris recommended, and so far Alissa Cohen’s rep and Sweetwater Market’s rep (Better than Roasted line) couldn’t have been nicer. Never heard back from my Israeli unhulled tahini so I may try making my own.

LisaNewf – Scotland…love it…but I’ve never done it raw. I’d love to hear how it goes because we’re going to Patagonia, Argentina in September where it’s apparently the BEST meat in the world and lots of it…which is really not helpful, so I’ll be hauling down some food!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

thanks amysue. my husband thought so too. :-)

you know honestly most places in the world are easier to get fresh produce than the US. maybe not raw in restaurants but you can eat out of the markets easily. So I suppose it is all about how you travel. Good luck though Lisa.

I changed comment moderation so ANYONE can post on the blog. Just posted my Day 2 experience—will probably post more once the boys go to bed!

• I’m in- I just completed a cleanse (10Day) so my official first 100% Raw day was monday-so that puts me at day 4.

So we’re on to day 3 everonye!!! (well, some of you are on a different day, but that’s cool!) How’s everyone doing??

Yesterday was a little rough for me. Still stayed raw, but it was hard! I posted about it on the blog. BAsically, didn’t plan ahead, which is a huge no-no for me.

Anyway, I treated myself today with some raw granola from rawbakery.com….SHould get here in a week or so. I have been missing granola! I am going to make some raw oat groats tomorrow, and tonight I am going to make Ani’s Corn and Cashew chowder and her orange cardamom date bars…DH actually went raw!! he came back from his trip yesterday and said he needs a change, and going raw is part of it, along with other stress reduction things.

I read Matt Monarch’s book Raw Success in its entirety yesterday and it gave me LOTS to think about. The most important thing I got was to take it really slowly when you improve your diet, just don’t backtrack. It’s definitely worth checking out, learned lots, but now I’m all confused about supplements. I thought becoming 100% raw would eliminate my need for expensive supplements, but he’s taking all kinds of things – enzymes, minerals, only drinking distilled water (sigh). He does make a pretty convincing sell for drinking veggie juices which I don’t do, I thought it was all about the smoothies!!! Baby steps. I remember Chris Carlton, I think, saying when you first go 100% eat all the sweets and fat you want, as long as they’re 100% raw, and your body will eventually move on to lighter things. Oh – and the colonics – that’s his biggest thing, says 100% raw foodists must do them to get rid of all the junk you’re releasing. So much to process, but fascinating as always.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yeah amysue reading that book made me more confused too. one thing it did was keep me away from going 811 right now. I have tried to take everybody’s advice with a grain of salt and realize that I am still doing much better than I was before and I can’t take everybody’s advice. plus my juicer has a broken part so I just get juices when i am out. i am still saving up for a colonic. maybe it’s time to splurge. i’ve been kinda clogged up.

• I really want to get back on board! I had been 100% raw for up to 6-8 months but, really lost it around March ( when I say really, I mean REALLY LOST IT ). Although I continue with salads and green smoothies, I also have been eating some very SAD foods. My life is now in a very peaceful settled place and I’m ready to focus on me! I’ll be starting my first 30 days of 100% raw tomorrow ( 7/12 ). Hopefully this will ease me back into the raw lifestyle. Good luck to everyone and many blessings.. S

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yay spirit! you are with us!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

http://www.rawfu.com/blog/?page_id=3

100 day Raw Fu challenge.

• Okay, I’m actually doing this so far. I thought I would cave today. My daughter and her partner are visiting, and I took them out for brunch. I ate fruit! I did it! I didn’t make a big deal out of it, either, just ate fruit. They had other stuff, and it was all okay. I am relieved.

And so it continues…