Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tahini?

SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Hey guys,

Odd question to ask: does anyone have trouble digesting tahini that’s not raw? I feel like like it’s just sitting in my stomach from yesterday…

Thanks! j.

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Tahini is really heavy! And I know what ya mean, tahini that is not raw really sits down there. Everything that is raw just seems to digest much better. I think it also depends on the person, some people just cant handle certain seeds and nuts. Has the same thing happened with raw tahini?

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I’m not sure about tahini specifically, but I’ve certainly become more aware of the weight of cooked food since bringing raw food into my life. Have you tried raw tahini? It is still pretty heavy, but I haven’t experienced any odd feelings with it and I make raw hummus quite often!

• rae-deanrae-dean Raw Newbie

i use tahini.i try to be all raw but i have only been at this a couple of months.i use tahini on my one banana in the morning.where do u get raw tahini?thanks so much.

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

rae-dean check your heath food store. It is on the shelf near non-raw tahini at mine.

• If you have a good blender or food processor I would just buy some hulled raw sesame seeds. My healthfood store sells them for so cheap and the tahini is really tasty!

I blend mine with no or very little water and I keep it in the fridge and when you want some, add a little water stir it up! This way it won’t go rancid on me.

James

• rae-deanrae-dean Raw Newbie

thanks everyone. i will do this instead.thanks so much.